4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 12:34 PM by jmesnil

problem with shutdown

gidi15

Bye

I have a problem with shutdown: I have exexuted from the line command the command run.bat,

then I have done "Contr+C" to shutdown the server;

now if I do run.bat from the line command there is a message "Waiting to obtain the live lock".

I don't any idea about this message.

Why does the prompt give this message? What should I do to make the run again correctly?

Thanks

• 1. Re: problem with shutdown
          wdfink

Can you post the output?

What if you close the command line and/or restart windows?

which version of windows do you use?

• 2. Re: problem with shutdown
            gidi15

I use windows XP professional.

This is the output

21:37:24,796 INFO  [AbstractJBossASServerBase] Server Configuration:

JBOSS_HOME URL: file:/C:/Programmi/JBoss/jboss-6.1.0/

Bootstrap: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/conf/bootstrap.xml

Common Base: $JBOSS_HOME\common/

Common Library: $JBOSS_HOME\common/lib/

Server Name: default

Server Base: $JBOSS_HOME\server/

Server Library: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/lib/

Server Config: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/conf/

Server Home: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/

Server Data: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/data/

Server Log: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/log/

Server Temp: $JBOSS_HOME\server/default/tmp/

21:37:24,843 INFO  [AbstractServer] Starting: JBossAS [6.1.0.Final "Neo"]

21:37:29,906 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_23,Sun Microsystems Inc.

21:37:29,921 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (b

uild 1.6.0_23-b05)

21:37:29,921 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 19.0-b09,Sun

Microsystems Inc.

21:37:29,921 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86

21:37:29,921 INFO  [ServerInfo] VM arguments: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -Dlogging.c

onfiguration=file:logging.properties -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Dsu

n.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dor

g.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Programmi\JBoss\jboss-6.1.

0\lib\endorsed

21:37:30,187 INFO  [JMXKernel] Legacy JMX core initialized

21:38:08,265 INFO  [AbstractServerConfig] JBoss Web Services - Stack CXF Server

3.4.1.GA

21:38:10,187 INFO  [JSFImplManagementDeployer] Initialized 3 JSF configurations:

[Mojarra-1.2, MyFaces-2.0, Mojarra-2.0]

21:38:34,843 AVVERTENZA [FileConfigurationParser] AIO wasn't located on this pla

tform, it will fall back to using pure Java NIO. If your platform is Linux, inst

all LibAIO to enable the AIO journal

21:38:35,328 INFO  [JMXConnector] starting JMXConnector on host 127.0.0.1:1090

21:38:35,750 INFO  [MailService] Mail Service bound to java:/Mail

21:38:38,046 INFO  [HornetQServerImpl] live server is starting with configuratio

n HornetQ Configuration (clustered=false,backup=false,sharedStore=true,journalDi

rectory=C:\Programmi\JBoss\jboss-6.1.0\server\default\data/hornetq/journal,bindi

ngsDirectory=C:\Programmi\JBoss\jboss-6.1.0\server\default\data/hornetq/bindings

,largeMessagesDirectory=C:\Programmi\JBoss\jboss-6.1.0\server\default\data/horne

tq/largemessages,pagingDirectory=C:\Programmi\JBoss\jboss-6.1.0\server\default\d

ata/hornetq/paging)

21:38:38,078 INFO  [HornetQServerImpl] Waiting to obtain live lock

21:38:38,281 INFO  [JournalStorageManager] Using NIO Journal

21:38:38,328 AVVERTENZA [HornetQServerImpl] Security risk! It has been detected

that the cluster admin user and password have not been changed from the installa

tion default. Please see the HornetQ user guide, cluster chapter, for instructio

ns on how to do this.

21:38:38,593 WARN  [ClusterManagerImpl] no cluster connections defined, unable t

o announce backup

21:38:43,625 INFO  [FileLockNodeManager] Waiting to obtain live lock

• 3. Re: problem with shutdown
              vphanibhushanreddy

Are you using HornetQ with Clustering by any chance?

• 4. Re: problem with shutdown
                jmesnil

Your second run.bat is hanging when HornetQ tries to obtain a lock on the server.lock file.

It is likely that it can not because your 1st AS process is still running.

Could you check that there is no AS7 process running at all before executing run.bat again?