1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2018 2:32 PM by georgekargakiswork Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
        nibin012

Ales Justin wrote:

OK, found the culprit, it's not Netty. ;-)

"/content/apptwo.war/WEB-INF/lib/jboss-client-7.1.0.Final.jar/META-INF/jboss-beans.xml"

Do  you package this jboss-beans.xml file into this jar or is this already shipped with jboss-client.jar?

This also means, my/our POJO deployers work as they should,

as they are not picking jboss-beans.xml from modules, but only from deployments.

I copied the jboss-client.jar available from JBOSS application server's "bin/client" path.

If you see the original stack trace, it shows that the jboss-beans.xml is indeed loaded from modules. If you check netty's jar, it packages jboss-beans.xml file in it.

• 16. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
          jaikiran

Nibin Varghese wrote:

What other choice do I have as JNDI lookup is still not ready with JBOSS 7 for lookup.

I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain a bit?

Then the option that is left is to use the remote protocol to access the endpoints and queues.

To be  able to use remote protocol, you still don't have to package that jar within your application. You'll have to explain a bit more on what you are trying to do, so that we can help appropriately.

• 17. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
            nibin012

jaikiran pai wrote:

Nibin Varghese wrote:

What other choice do I have as JNDI lookup is still not ready with JBOSS 7 for lookup.

#1: I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain a bit?

Then the option that is left is to use the remote protocol to access the endpoints and queues.

#2: To be  able to use remote protocol, you still don't have to package that jar within your application. You'll have to explain a bit more on what you are trying to do, so that we can help appropriately.

Sure.

For the question #1:

I am trying to develop war applications with JMS support. I don't want to have any MDB support for my JMS receievers. I will write simple clients for JMS receivers and senders so that I do have the complete control on JMS sessions. This is my objective. Now for the implementation part to support JMS applications, we have the choices of looking up the queues/connection factories etc using JNDI which runs in the standard port of 1099/TCP or statically configure the queues at the client side (so no lookup is required). As far as I know, JNDI support is still not there in JBOSS 7 nor do I see any place to enable it. That rules out my option to use JNDI lookups. The other option is to use the remote protocol for JBOSS using the jboss client (that is packaged with JBOSS AS) and this will be used to lookup the "/RemoteConnectionFactory" that is exported (and not the "/ConnectionFactory" as it might be restricted to use with remote client).

For the question #2:

I may be wrong in packaging the remote client with the WAR. I haven't tried to use remote JBOSS module dependency to use for remote protocol connection. Is that what you are trying to say ?

• 18. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
              jbertram

Have you seen the JMS quickstart?  It uses JNDI to lookup the connection factories and destinations.  Why can't you use this method?

• 19. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                nibin012

Justin Bertram wrote:

Have you seen the JMS quickstart?  It uses JNDI to lookup the connection factories and destinations.  Why can't you use this method?

Thanks Justin. But if you check this line of code, you will notice that it is using remote protocol for lookups running at 4447

• 20. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                  alesj

If you see the original stack trace, it shows that the jboss-beans.xml is indeed loaded from modules. If you check netty's jar, it packages jboss-beans.xml file in it.

Which original stack-trace? The one in initial post?

• 21. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                    nibin012

Ales Justin wrote:

Yes. The one in the initial post.

• 22. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                      alesj

Where does it show that it comes from Netty? ;-)

• 23. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                        nibin012

Ales Justin wrote:

Where does it show that it comes from Netty? ;-)

I just want to add one point. The log that is there in the initial post was copied from another internal application. But I have written the proof of concept applications that triggers the same error (which was attached in the initial post).

If you check the log and see the "Caused By" section, you will see the following

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.pojo."org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator".DESCRIBED is already registered

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceRegistrationImpl.setInstance(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:154) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl.startInstallation(ServiceControllerImpl.java:227) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceContainerImpl.install(ServiceContainerImpl.java:560) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceTargetImpl.install(ServiceTargetImpl.java:201) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$ChildServiceTarget.install(ServiceControllerImpl.java:2228) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceTargetImpl.install(ServiceTargetImpl.java:201) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$ChildServiceTarget.install(ServiceControllerImpl.java:2228) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceBuilderImpl.install(ServiceBuilderImpl.java:307) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.as.pojo.ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.describeBean(ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.java:94)

at org.jboss.as.pojo.ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.java:76)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.0.Final.jar:7.1.0.Final]

... 5 more

When the first appliacation is deployed, there will not be any errors. But when the second application is deployed, the above Exception is thrown. I found that it was caused by netty after debuggin the issue. If you can see the MANIFEST.MF files in those two sample applications attached, you will see that "netty" module is exported for sample applications. And this error is thrown, just after trying to load the netty module for deployment of the second app. Also you can see in the netty jar that it includes jboss-beans.xml with a beans initialization for "org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator".

• 24. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                          alesj

When the first appliacation is deployed, there will not be any errors. But when the second application is deployed, the above Exception is thrown. I found that it was caused by netty after debuggin the issue. If you can see the MANIFEST.MF files in those two sample applications attached, you will see that "netty" module is exported for sample applications. And this error is thrown, just after trying to load the netty module for deployment of the second app. Also you can see in the netty jar that it includes jboss-beans.xml with a beans initialization for "org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator".

I guess both sample applications use jboss-client.jar, right?

• 25. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                            nibin012

Ales Justin wrote:

Yes. Both applications use jboss-client for remote protocol connection

• 26. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                              alesj

Yes. Both applications use jboss-client for remote protocol connection

This then explains the exception: they both try to register the same named bean.

And the bean comes from jboss-client.jar/META-INF/jboss-beans.xml, and not from Netty.

• 27. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                                nibin012

Hi ,

The complete stacktrace is attached below for the WAR's deployed. I have also included all the relevant configuaration files.

nibin@nibin-laptop:/opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as$ ./bin/standalone.sh -b 0.0.0.0 --server-config=standalone-full.xml

=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: /opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as

JAVA: /opt/softwares/java/jdk6/bin/java

JAVA_OPTS:  -server -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djboss.server.default.config=standalone.xml

=========================================================================

02:28:16,563 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.1.1.GA

02:28:16,681 INFO  [org.jboss.msc] JBoss MSC version 1.0.2.GA

02:28:16,724 INFO  [org.jboss.as] JBAS015899: JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final "Brontes" starting

02:28:17,323 INFO  [org.xnio] XNIO Version 3.0.3.GA

02:28:17,324 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] JBAS015888: Creating http management service using socket-binding (management-http)

02:28:17,332 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] XNIO NIO Implementation Version 3.0.3.GA

02:28:17,340 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting] JBoss Remoting version 3.2.3.GA

02:28:17,354 INFO  [org.jboss.as.logging] JBAS011502: Removing bootstrap log handlers

02:28:17,358 INFO  [org.jboss.as.configadmin] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 32) JBAS016200: Activating ConfigAdmin Subsystem

02:28:17,376 INFO  [org.jboss.as.clustering.infinispan] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 37) JBAS010280: Activating Infinispan subsystem.

02:28:17,378 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jacorb] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 38) JBAS016300: Activating JacORB Subsystem

02:28:17,394 INFO  [org.jboss.as.naming] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 48) JBAS011800: Activating Naming Subsystem

02:28:17,404 INFO  [org.jboss.as.security] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 54) JBAS013101: Activating Security Subsystem

02:28:17,416 INFO  [org.jboss.as.security] (MSC service thread 1-11) JBAS013100: Current PicketBox version=4.0.7.Final

02:28:17,418 INFO  [org.jboss.as.osgi] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 49) JBAS011940: Activating OSGi Subsystem

02:28:17,434 INFO  [org.jboss.as.webservices] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 58) JBAS015537: Activating WebServices Extension

02:28:17,445 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBAS010408: Starting JCA Subsystem (JBoss IronJacamar 1.0.9.Final)

02:28:17,465 INFO  [org.jboss.as.naming] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS011802: Starting Naming Service

02:28:17,488 INFO  [org.jboss.as.mail.extension] (MSC service thread 1-14) JBAS015400: Bound mail session [java:jboss/mail/Default]

02:28:17,503 INFO  [org.jboss.jaxr] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS014000: Started JAXR subsystem, binding JAXR connection factory into JNDI as: java:jboss/jaxr/ConnectionFactory

02:28:17,512 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 33) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class org.h2.Driver (version 1.3)

02:28:17,596 INFO  [org.jboss.ws.common.management.AbstractServerConfig] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBoss Web Services - Stack CXF Server 4.0.2.GA

02:28:17,667 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http--0.0.0.0-8080

02:28:17,693 WARN  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBAS011600: AIO wasn't located on this platform, it will fall back to using pure Java NIO. If your platform is Linux, install LibAIO to enable the AIO journal

02:28:17,772 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jacorb] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS016330: CORBA ORB Service started

02:28:17,841 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jacorb] (MSC service thread 1-16) JBAS016328: CORBA Naming Service started

02:28:17,858 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (MSC service thread 1-14) JBAS015012: Started FileSystemDeploymentService for directory /opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as/standalone/deployments

02:28:17,860 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS017100: Listening on /0.0.0.0:4447

02:28:17,860 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-10) JBAS017100: Listening on /127.0.0.1:9999

02:28:17,943 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS010400: Bound data source [java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS]

02:28:22,775 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-5) live server is starting with configuration HornetQ Configuration (clustered=false,backup=false,sharedStore=true,journalDirectory=/opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as/standalone/data/messagingjournal,bindingsDirectory=/opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as/standalone/data/messagingbindings,largeMessagesDirectory=/opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as/standalone/data/messaginglargemessages,pagingDirectory=/opt/softwares/appservers/jboss-as/standalone/data/messagingpaging)

02:28:22,777 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-5) Waiting to obtain live lock

02:28:22,796 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager] (MSC service thread 1-5) Using NIO Journal

02:28:22,878 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.FileLockNodeManager] (MSC service thread 1-5) Waiting to obtain live lock

02:28:22,878 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.FileLockNodeManager] (MSC service thread 1-5) Live Server Obtained live lock

02:28:23,148 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyAcceptor] (MSC service thread 1-5) Started Netty Acceptor version 3.2.5.Final-a96d88c 0.0.0.0:5445 for CORE protocol

02:28:23,152 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyAcceptor] (MSC service thread 1-5) Started Netty Acceptor version 3.2.5.Final-a96d88c 0.0.0.0:5455 for CORE protocol

02:28:23,154 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-5) Server is now live

02:28:23,156 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-5) HornetQ Server version 2.2.13.Final (HQ_2_2_13_FINAL_AS7, 122) [2c409443-8d82-11e1-ac7a-247703643d58]) started

02:28:23,160 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-6) trying to deploy queue jms.topic.testTopic

02:28:23,191 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/topic/test

02:28:23,192 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/topic/test

02:28:23,213 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/ConnectionFactory

02:28:23,215 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-9) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/RemoteConnectionFactory

02:28:23,217 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-9) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/RemoteConnectionFactory

02:28:23,218 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-4) trying to deploy queue jms.queue.appOneQueue

02:28:23,223 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/queue/appOneQueue

02:28:23,225 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/queue/appOneQueue

02:28:23,227 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-10) trying to deploy queue jms.queue.appTwoQueue

02:28:23,227 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-10) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/queue/appTwoQueue

02:28:23,229 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-10) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/queue/appTwoQueue

02:28:23,231 INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl] (MSC service thread 1-12) trying to deploy queue jms.queue.testQueue

02:28:23,232 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-12) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:/queue/test

02:28:23,235 INFO  [org.jboss.as.messaging] (MSC service thread 1-12) JBAS011601: Bound messaging object to jndi name java:jboss/exported/jms/queue/test

02:28:23,237 INFO  [org.jboss.as.deployment.connector] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010406: Registered connection factory java:/JmsXA

02:28:23,253 INFO  [org.hornetq.ra.HornetQResourceAdapter] (MSC service thread 1-2) HornetQ resource adaptor started

02:28:23,254 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.services.ResourceAdapterActivatorService$ResourceAdapterActivator] (MSC service thread 1-2) IJ020002: Deployed: file://RaActivatorhornetq-ra

02:28:23,257 INFO  [org.jboss.as.deployment.connector] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS010401: Bound JCA ConnectionFactory [java:/JmsXA]

02:28:23,367 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

02:28:23,367 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015874: JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final "Brontes" started in 6965ms - Started 171 of 250 services (78 services are passive or on-demand)

02:29:07,903 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-12) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "appone.war"

02:29:08,253 INFO  [org.jboss.as.pojo] (MSC service thread 1-9) JBAS017000: Found legacy bean/pojo namespace: urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0 - might be missing some xml features (potential exceptions).

02:29:08,320 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.antlr:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,321 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.beanutils:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,322 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.cli:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,323 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.codec:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,324 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.collections:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,325 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.lang:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,327 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("net.jcip:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,328 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.appone.war" is using a private module ("org.jboss.netty:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:08,561 INFO  [org.xnio] (MSC service thread 1-13) XNIO Version 3.0.3.GA

02:29:08,564 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] (MSC service thread 1-13) XNIO NIO Implementation Version 3.0.3.GA

02:29:08,570 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBoss Remoting version 3.2.2.GA

02:29:09,048 INFO  [com.nvarghese.jboss.testappone.SampleQueueManager] (MSC service thread 1-13) RequestQueueManager for sample app started receivers and senders

02:29:09,087 INFO  [org.jboss.web] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBAS018210: Registering web context: /appone

02:29:09,208 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "appone.war"

02:29:19,227 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "apptwo.war"

02:29:19,469 INFO  [org.jboss.as.pojo] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS017000: Found legacy bean/pojo namespace: urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0 - might be missing some xml features (potential exceptions).

02:29:19,494 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.antlr:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,495 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.beanutils:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,496 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.cli:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,496 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.codec:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,497 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.collections:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,498 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.apache.commons.lang:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,498 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("net.jcip:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,499 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.jboss.netty:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

02:29:19,511 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-10) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."apptwo.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."apptwo.war".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "apptwo.war"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_31]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_31]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_31]

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.pojo."org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator".DESCRIBED is already registered

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceRegistrationImpl.setInstance(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:154) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl.startInstallation(ServiceControllerImpl.java:227) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceContainerImpl.install(ServiceContainerImpl.java:560) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceBuilderImpl.install(ServiceBuilderImpl.java:307) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.as.pojo.ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.describeBean(ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.java:94)

at org.jboss.as.pojo.ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedKernelDeploymentProcessor.java:76)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

02:29:19,522 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015870: Deploy of deployment "apptwo.war" was rolled back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"apptwo.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"apptwo.war\".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment \"apptwo.war\""}}

02:29:19,537 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015877: Stopped deployment apptwo.war in 15ms

02:29:19,538 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."apptwo.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."apptwo.war".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "apptwo.war"

02:29:19,540 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"apptwo.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"apptwo.war\".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment \"apptwo.war\""}}}}

• 28. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                                  alesj

02:29:19,499 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.apptwo.war" is using a private module ("org.jboss.netty:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

It's a pure coincidence that this line is just before the stack-trace.

Try deploying an app w/o jboss-client.jar, but still with dependency to Netty.

If that also fails, then let me know. :-)

• 29. Re: Fails to deploy more than one application with JMS/hornetQ support in Jboss 7.1.0.Final
                                    mcpata2002

I have deploy multiple EARs in a JBoss 7.1 connecting to an external (localhost) standalone HornetQ

1. In the standalone.xml of JBoss,
                                      1. Add netty-connector under connectors with your own socket binding
                                      2. Add connection-factory under jms-connection-factories, w/ connector-ref to the one in (1) and an entry name used for JNDI
                                      3. Add outbound-socket-binding with remote-destination to the HornetQ
                                    2. In your application, lookup the JNDI name defined in inside connection-factory

You must be sure the netty.jar didn't appear in your WAR. Maven may "accidentally" put it inside your WAR, and I don't know why it is being initialized and hold up something s.t. the second initialization (of netty.jar in another WAR) throw exception.

Also the application in the WAR cannot use netty classes directly though there's also one HornetQ running inside the JBoss (yes, I have two, one inside JBoss to waste memory, another one standalone working hard).

I have three EARs with my own JMS Session to receive messages. There's some issue with Spring's DefaultMessageListenerContainer (hope I still spell it correctly) and our team eventually drop it and implement our own.

Hope this help.