I can't answer your question exactly, but I do know that designer 2.1 is floating around, it works really well (there are some good features) and it works with 5.2 as far as I can establish. In fact a quick google shows it has just been released in the last hour (congratulations to Tihomir!).
As Timothy mentioned, we just released jBPM Designer 2.1
Here is a link to the blog and video: http://surdilovic.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/jbpm-designer-version-2-1-released/. Still working on docs, please be patient.
reproduce scenario is so easy.
open the designer and put a "task node" on canvas,then double click on the "Task node" to give a name. now don't use english keyboard for naming,so use another language for example Farsi(or Persian) and type a name for the "task node". if you save this simple diagram and reload it again, the given name is not what you typed!!!
so I think there must be a way to use utf8 encoding method to solve this problem but have no idea how can I use utf8 encoding in designer 2.1.
I'll assume you know how to use git and have a github account (google it if you don't). I will also assume here that you are using the jBPM 5.2 installer.
1) Build the web designer:
- build with "mvn clean install"
- copy /target/process-designer-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-jboss7.war to $jbpm-insatller-dir/lib/designer-2.2-jboss7.war
- in $jbpm-installer-dir/build.properties change the version of your designer war:
2) Build Guvnor:
- use the 5.3.x brach - git checkout 5.3.x
- build Guvnor with "mvn clean install -Dfull -DskipTests" ....yes this will take some time to build...
- in $guvnor/guvnor-distribution-wars/target copy the AS7 war to $jbpm-installer-dir/lib/guvnor-distribution-wars-5.3.1-SNAPSHOT.war
- in $jbpm-installer-dir/lib edit your build.properties again to set the right guvnor version:
3) Don't loose your existing stuff
- in $jbpm-installer-dir/build.properties make your jboss.clean.repository property is set to false so that the /repository directory does not get deleted (alternatively back up your process repo - export it)
4) Rebuild installer
- in $jbpm-installer-dir run:
ant install.demo.noeclipse (or ant install.demo if you want eclipse)
ant run.demo.noeclipse (or ant run.demo if you want eclipse started too)
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much Tihomir, it worked as your instruction, could you please tell me if designer 2.2 is your latest designer? If not, where can I get the latest designer? The reason I want to try it is that we need to know if the latest designer works on IE, from my test, designer 2.2 still does not work on IE.
But thanks for your quick response and the detailed instructions.
If you build from the master branch you have the latest stuff. We recently released Designer version 2.1 and will release 2.2 once we have fixed any reported bugs and also have plans for new features.
jBPM Designer is currently not supported on IE. Designer is at its core a very powerful JS library for SVG manipulation and IE has notoriously not been able to have proper support for SVG. I have heard that some community people have had success on IE with Chrome Frame installed so you might want to give that a test to see. We test Designer on FF and Chrome and until we add support for IE I would suggest you use those real browsers
Yes, I think I am using the latest deisgner 2.2 code.
I did try google chorme frame, with google chrome frame, the only version of designer worked was jBPM 5.0-CR1 release, after that I have tried 5.1, 5.2 and now the latest, none of them works on IE. I heard Signavio has made it work on IE, at least on their website they say so, but did not have a chance to try it yet, maybe that is a good sign for IE .
Thanks again for the quick response.