5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 8:07 AM by darshan.pandhi

Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer

darshan.pandhi

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to have custom work item editors in the web designer?

As in for eg. just the way the Email service task has an item editor in Eclipse, can we have a similar Email item editor in the web designer.

Also can we define our own item editors separately for different service task nodes?

Also, can we have a drop down as a parameter for a custom service task, where in the values in the drop down are populated from a Database.

As in for eg. if i want the list of available mail servers while configuring the Email service task in a drop down as a parameter, and the list of available mail servers should be populated from a database. Is it possible to have this functionality?

Following is my work env:

JBPM 5.2

JBPM Web Designer 2.1

JBoss AS7

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer
          tsurdilovic

Darshan, currently the data input editors are not pluggable, so you cannot define your own via simple config but I am planning to add that feature for Designer 2.2 release. If you feel comfortable writing some more or less simple JavaScript code you can do it now yourself and I could help you with it - hit me up on IRC (#jbpm at codehaus irc).

• 2. Re: Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer
            darshan.pandhi

Tihomir,

Thanks for your quick response!

When is the Designer 2.2 release planned for?

I have to get this feature running pretty soon, so i might even try to develop it. But i am still an amateur in JavaScript coding. I have downloaded the designer source code, and trying to explore it.

Would appreciate a lot if i could get some valuable inputs on it from your side.

And also if you could tell me, as to how much time would a person like me with not much JavaScript coding skills would take to build it?

Also, i wanted to ask if there is any developer guide or a user guide or any kind of documentation available for the Web designer. Would be of great help if there is any...

• 3. Re: Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer
              tsurdilovic

I think we talked about this on IRC today..did I get to answer your questions there?

• 4. Re: Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer
                darshan.pandhi

Yes we spoke about this on IRC. Had posted this before we met on IRC.

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate that you could find time to answer my questions. Will catch up with you on IRC again in case of further questions.

Just out of curiosity I wanted to know, when is the Designer 2.2 release planned for?

Thannks!!!

• 5. Re: Custom work item editor in JBPM Web Designer
                  darshan.pandhi

Tihomir,

Do you have some documentation or a user guide for the Web Designer?

Apart from the work item editors, I have some doubts on how to use external signal events in the web designer. And also, how to fire these signal events from an external system, along with passing some parameters (like process instance id for correlation and some extra K-V pairs).