3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2012 3:38 PM by jesper.pedersen

Connection factory JNDI naming

dekiz

Hi there,

documentation states( if I understood well ) that it's posible to  bind connection factory name ( ironjacamar.xml ) to something that is related to deployment name (ie name of the rar file beeing deployed).

I was unable to find a way to do that, what I actually need is a way to have connection factory to bind to JNDI with name dependent on deployment name, is this possible?

Say something like jndi-name="my_cc_factory" where it would actually bind to say java://eis/my_deployment_name/my_cc_factory

Cheers,

DJ

• 1. Re: Connection factory JNDI naming
          jesper.pedersen

The ironjacamar.xml doesn't need an <archive> element, since it knows which .rar it belongs too.

The subsystem:resource-adapters in AS7 contains that element, since it needs to know which .rar to activate.

The <connection-definition> element contains the JNDI name for the CF bound into JNDI based on the MCF instance.

HTH

• 2. Re: Connection factory JNDI naming
            dekiz

Maybe I didnt explain well... If my ironjacamar.xml contains something like this and my rar is my_example.rar :

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition class-name="com.deki.example.MyManagedConnectionFactory"  jndi-name="java:/eis/MyConnectionFactory" pool-name="MyCciConnectionFactory">

<config-property name="name">My Managed Connection Factory</config-property>

</connection-definition>

</connection-definitions>

This will bind com.deki.example.MyManagedConnectionFactory under java:/eis/MyConnectionFactory

where jndi-name is required attribute. Is there a way to make com.deki.example.MyManagedConnectionFactory bind to something that depends on the name of deployed archive in this case my_example.rar?

Maybe say jndi-name="MyMCF" but com.deki.example.MyManagedConnectionFactory would bind to say java:/my_example/MyMCF ?

Thanks.

DJ

• 3. Re: Connection factory JNDI naming
              jesper.pedersen

Ah, then no.

You could have multiple activations of the same MCF class, so that would lead to problems.