10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 1:32 AM by khobaib

can not run JBoss AS in eclipse

khobaib

Hi,

I am trying to run the JBoss-AS-7.1.1.final in eclipse. I created a server as described in here -> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Getting+Started+Developing+Applications+Guide.

Now when I try to start the server, I get error in the console ->

"Error occurred during initialization of VM

Unable to load native library: The specified procedure could not be found"

I am stuck here for a long time. So please help me out.

Thank You.

• 1. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
          jaikiran

Khobaib, welcome to the forums!

I've moved this thread to the JBoss Tools forum where you might get some help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
            khobaib

thanx  Jaikiran :-)

• 3. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
              maxandersen

And you don't get *any* other error / stacktrace ?

Which Java JRE/JDK are you using ?

What OS ?

Could you go to the debug perspective, find the java process that should be there, right click and choose Properties and copy the full command line ?

Thanks,

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                rob.stryker

strangely enough I'm not able to reproduce this... the 7.1.1.final version seems to start fine for me :|              

• 5. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                  khobaib

Hi Max,

Here is the error log/stack trace ->

session data:

eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800

java.version=1.6.0_31

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error

Mon Apr 16 23:22:12 GMT+06:00 2012

Cannot connect to VM

Exception stack trace:

java.net.SocketException: socket closed

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService.accept(SocketTransportService.java:95)

at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportImpl.accept(SocketTransportImpl.java:56)

at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketListeningConnectorImpl.accept(SocketListeningConnectorImpl.java:135)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.StandardVMDebugger$ConnectRunnable.run(StandardVMDebugger.java:107)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am using JRE 6 in Windows XP sp2. BTW, I didn't have server folder in my jre/bin path, so I copied the folder from my jdk/jre/bin folder. the standalone.bat file runs the server well in the windows OS. The problem is with eclipse.

Wish some help.

• 6. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                    khobaib

Also here is the JAVA process ->

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe

command line ->

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:21212 -server -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file= C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/log/boot.log Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/log/boot.log -Dlogging.configuration= file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/configuration/logging.properties Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/configuration/logging.properties -Djboss.home.dir= C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath "C:\Program Files\jboss-7.1.1.Final\jboss-modules.jar" org.jboss.modules.Main -mp \"\" C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/modules Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/modules -jaxpmodule javax.xml.jaxp-provider org.jboss.as.standalone -b localhost --server-config=standalone.xml

• 7. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                      dgolovin

I would ry to move JVM and JBoss to location without spaces in path

• 8. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                        maxandersen

Rob - looks like you need to test java launch code on Windows soon.

The launch has a mix of quoted, non quoted (-Djboss.home.dir= C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final) and even double qouted strings with no termination (-mp \"\" C:/Program Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/modules Files/jboss-7.1.1.Final/modules -jaxpmodule)

And Khohabib - yes, please try with a JBoss intall into a directory without space in the file/dir names. It should of course work with spaces but looks like there is a bug here.

• 9. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                          khobaib

Hi,

I tried with replacing JBoss AS into a directory without space but still it fails. Here is the command line for process info ->

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:3593 -server -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file=C:/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/log/boot.log -Dlogging.configuration=file:/C:/jboss-7.1.1.Final/standalone/configuration/logging.properties -Djboss.home.dir=C:/jboss-7.1.1.Final -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath C:\jboss-7.1.1.Final\jboss-modules.jar org.jboss.modules.Main -mp C:/jboss-7.1.1.Final/modules -jaxpmodule javax.xml.jaxp-provider org.jboss.as.standalone -b localhost --server-config=standalone.xml

However, if I try to change JVM's directory, it occurs some java virtual machine launcher error while running eclipse like this ->

error: couldn't open "C:\\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\i386\jvm.cfg"

& if I press Ok button another page comes ->

java was started but returned exit code = 1

C:\\Windows\system32\javaw.exe

So how can I change the directory of JVM? & if it also not works, what should I do next?

• 10. Re: can not run JBoss AS in eclipse
                            khobaib

Ok I have found where was the problem. I don't know why but my JRE doesn't have bin/javaw.exe file. I changed the installed JRE location of eclipse to the JDK's location & it finds the javaw.exe. The problem was -> when the server tried to run, javaw.exe file wasn't found.

Thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate this.