2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2012 3:15 PM by wtl

Hello, i have some questions about "reuse", visibility and practices.

wtl

I'm within a research group and we have a new project aiming to use Gatein Portal 3.2.0

I`ve some questions and sorry about my english.

• Can I use the management users portal to manage the accessibility of each portlet? Can a Portlet to show different things depending on which User is logged in? Ex: A portet box containing a text editing, if "admin" show 5 options, if "user",  the same portlet show only three options. It is possible to do this using the database own portal? Or do I need to have other portlets for each type of User?

• In a large project, which has sundry portlets, it uses a project with sundry portlets (sundry package) or "just" sundry portlets projects?

• Where do I found the .css file of skin: "simple skin"?

Thank you guys.

• 1. Re: Hello, i have some questions about "reuse", visibility and practices.
          hoang_to

Can I use the management users portal to manage the accessibility of each portlet?

YES: You could restrict the access permission on portlet window. Just trigger the page/layout edition, then click on the pencil icon to edit the access permission of portlet window.

Can a Portlet to show different things depending on which User is logged in? Ex: A portet box containing a text editing, if "admin" show 5 options, if "user",  the same portlet show only three options. It is possible to do this using the database own portal? Or do I need to have other portlets for each type of User?

YES: GateIn provides an API for authorization

In a large project, which has sundry portlets, it uses a project with sundry portlets (sundry package) or "just" sundry portlets projects?

I think the module organization should base on the buisiness value of portlets.

Where do I found the .css file of skin: "simple skin"?

Under  examples/skins/simpleskin/src/webapp/skin

• 2. Re: Hello, i have some questions about "reuse", visibility and practices.
            wtl

Thank you!