4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 6:12 AM by ksreen

JBoss 7 - periodic ARJUNA16037 in the logs

akpraha

I have an application that gets quite a few of these warnings in the log, running the standalone-preview configuration of JBoss 7:

17:31:49,083 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta] (Periodic Recovery) ARJUNA16037: Could not find new XAResource to use for recovering non-serializable XAResource XAResourceRecord < resource:null, txid:< formatId=131076, gtrid_length=29, bqual_length=28, tx_uid=0:ffff7f000101:6f948d71:4edf87ed:a88, node_name=1, branch_uid=0:ffff7f000101:6f948d71:4edf87ed:a8a, eis_name=unknown eis name >, heuristic: TwoPhaseOutcome.FINISH_OK com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.XAResourceRecord@f80b8 >

The app has a single message-driven POJO (using Spring's Messaging support), and the warnings are in the logs regardless of whether there are any messages sent.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the JTA settings.  The transaction manager used by the message listener container is using Spring's JtaTransactionManager, which should just be looking up the TransactionManager in JNDI at the standard location for JBoss.

Anybody run into this and mainly know how to get rid of the warnings in the logs?  I'd rather not turn off logging for this category.

• 1. Re: JBoss 7 - periodic ARJUNA16037 in the logs
          jhalliday
          • 2. Re: JBoss 7 - periodic ARJUNA16037 in the logs
            drosowski

Hi there,

I have the same problem using postgreSQL as XA datasource.

I read

Jonathan Halliday schrieb:

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/TxNonSerializableXAResource

But I don't think this applies in OPs and my case, since the commit was FINISH_OK.

Another article I stumbled upon was http://planet.jboss.org/post/norecoveryxa. The last paragraph perfectly describes my problem, but to be honest, I didn't quite understand what the suggested solution would be.

Any idea?

For completeness' sake, here is my log and my datasource config.

17:39:56,729 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta] (Periodic Recovery) ARJUNA16037: Could not find new XAResource to use for recovering non-serializable XAResource XAResourceRecord < resource:null, txid:< formatId=131076, gtrid_length=29, bqual_length=64, tx_uid=0:ffffc0a86041:-43878cc1:4f843055:17, node_name=1, branch_uid=0:ffffc0a86041:-43878cc1:4f843055:1a, eis_name=java:jboss/datasources/MyDatasource >, heuristic: TwoPhaseOutcome.FINISH_OK, product: PostgreSQL/9.1.3, jndiName: java:jboss/datasources/MyDatasource com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.XAResourceRecord@484dfd >

<xa-datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/MyDatasource" pool-name="MyDSPool" enabled="true">
                            <xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">
                                localhost
                            </xa-datasource-property>
                            <xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">
                                postgres
                            <xa-datasource-property name="User">
                                user
                            <xa-datasource-property name="Password">
                                password
                            <driver>
                                postgresql
                            </driver>
                        </xa-datasource>

Cheers,

Daniel

• 3. Re: JBoss 7 - periodic ARJUNA16037 in the logs
              drosowski

The warning went away after I emptied some directories. I didn't try it after each directory, so it's hard to tell which one was affecting the transactions, but heres the list:

• standalone/data/tx-object-store
              • standalone/tmp/work
              • standalone/tmp/vfs

Hope this helps other people chasing this warning...

• 4. Re: JBoss 7 - periodic ARJUNA16037 in the logs
                ksreen

Deleting the  files in "standalone\data\tx-object-store\"

particularly  files under "ShadowNoFileLockStore\defaultStore\StateManager\BasicAction\TwoPhaseCoordinator\AtomicAction"  helped me.