1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 12:12 PM by bcavlin

jBPM 5.2 transaction issues in JBoss 5.1

bcavlin

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had these issues using JBoss 5.1 and jBPM 5.2. I am receiving these errors when trying jBPM service (please note that service works, but these errors are reported):

1.  java.sql.SQLException: You cannot set auto commit during a managed transaction!

2.  [CachedConnectionManager] Closing a connection for you.  Please close them yourself: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.jdk6.WrappedConnectionJDK6

3. org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo @PreUpdate public void update is never fired in JBoss

Also, please note that JUnit tests that I have using same code and same data (with exception of who provides transaction) works just fine.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

----

To rephrase the question, is it possible at all to have statless EJB that starts transaction to initiate and call jBPM engine (providing that I will call Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory within the transaction to create StatefulKnowledgeSession)? Could this be cause of my problems, and if yes, what are possible alternative strategies to resolve it.

Thanks

----Partial solution found

For @PreUpdate to work I actually removed this setting that I had in the peristance.xml <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory"/> (was not reading documentation before setting this ) and I have set EJB transaction to NEVER for now. I still need to have this transaction (EJB) started first though, so if anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks

• 1. Re: jBPM 5.2 transaction issues in JBoss 5.1
          bcavlin

I have resolved issue by adding this to persistence.xml

<property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:/jBPMManagerFactory"/>

I ma obtaining factory like this:

emf = (EntityManagerFactory) new javax.naming.InitialContext().lookup("java:/jBPMManagerFactory"); instead of Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(properties.getProperty("persistence.persistenceunit.name"));

Seems to work fine for now.

1 of 1 people found this helpful