2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 7:06 AM by rahul.pani

Use Encryption/Decryption of datasource password using existing keystore.

rahul.pani

Can anyone please suggest how to plug in code in Jboss to decrypt the Datasource Password at runtime.

I went through the article https://community.jboss.org/wiki/EncryptingDataSourcePasswords but did not find a way to extend the functionality and use my code to decrypt the password

using the already existing keystore and keystore password.

• 1. Re: Use Encryption/Decryption of datasource password using existing keystore.
          rahul.pani

Also i already have a way to encrypt password through the exiting keystore and do not want to use JBoss classes to encrypt password . Just need a way to plug in code to use this existing encrypted password for Datasource password

• 2. Re: Use Encryption/Decryption of datasource password using existing keystore.
            rahul.pani

I think that i can use the attributes

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.MetaDataLibrary"

name="jboss.jdbc:service=metadata"/>

<mbean code="org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityDomain"

name="jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityDomain,domain=ServerMasterPassword">

<constructor>

<arg type="java.lang.String" value="ServerMasterPassword"></arg>

</constructor>

<attribute name="KeyStoreURL">keystorepath</attribute>

<attribute name="KeyStorePass">keystoreId</attribute>

<attribute name="KeyStoreAlias">alias</attribute>

<attribute name="CipherAlgorithm">RSA/ECB/PKCS1Padding</attribute>     

</mbean>

Can someone please tell me if thats the correct of use the keystore attrubutes. I am using JsafeJCE as the security provide but dont know where i can put this value.