1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 1:13 PM by markaddleman Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Windowing & Continuous Executions
        shawkins

Mark,

Mark Addleman wrote:

One more thing:  As I indicated above, we have a desire to coordinate time windows across queries.  After giving this some thought, I can't think of a sane way for the engine to control the start of a query (how would it know what valid time boundaries are?) so I think it ought to be controlled by the TWDEF:  It could coordinate with other queries through singleton clock and delay any execution until the appropriate time boundary. 

This approach introduces a new notion of when the query start time is, though.  Perhaps it is best to leave query start time out of the engine entirely since it seems we're going to need a clock data source?

If you are going to control the start times, then yes we can leave the query start off of the CommandContext - since that information is already captured it is trivial to expose though.

At this point then it sounds like the only missing piece is adding an execution counter to the command context.  You'll control the interval and the start time.  At a later point we can evaluate what makes sense to add to the RequestOptions/ExecutionContexts.

• 16. Re: Windowing & Continuous Executions
          markaddleman

Jira added: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-1989

A pleasure doing business with you!

• 17. Re: Windowing & Continuous Executions
            rareddy

We accept bribes in the form of code contributions, blogs, talking at local JUG or other events, help with documents, evangelism, white papers to name few

• 18. Re: Windowing & Continuous Executions
              markaddleman

I'm your man!  I may take a stab at contributing a patch for this particular issue.  I'm also thinking of writing up a white paper on our use of Teiid since I think it's rather unique.  I have to get our corp lawyers to agree...

1 2 Previous Next