9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 1:58 AM by jaikiran

Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7

shailendra.soni

Hi,

My application contains Stateless EJB 3  beans with some JBOSS 5.1 related annotations. Now, while I am trying to migrate from JBoss 5 to JBoss 7 , I got the compilation error for "@Pool" annotation (i.e. jboss-ejb3-ext-api.jar in JBoss 5.1 ) and @LocalBinding.

I have found that JBoss 7 having beta version of "jboss-ejb3-ext-api-2.0.0-beta-1.jar" which is not contains POOL and LocalBinding classes. For temporary workaround, I have given reference of JBoss 5’s "jboss-ejb3-ext-api.jar" to resolve my compilation problem and runtime problem. But I am not happy to do such type of workaround.

As per my thinking, there is some concrete reason for removing these two classes from JBoss 7, Now my question is that how could I specify POOL size for particular my stateless beans in JBoss 7?

Thanks a lot for help.

• 1. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
          jaikiran

Those annotations are currently not available. They will be introduced in the upcoming versions. There might be some changes in those annotations, especially the @LocalBinding one.

• 2. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
            shailendra.soni

Thanks your prompt reply, but do you think JBoss 7 Final should be having all these features which are available in JBoss 5 & 6. We are planning to migrate server but I think we should stop it and waiting for your new version.

I have faced another problem , just share with you so it may be take care in new version.

Issues is I have stored my User object to HtttpSession after successfully login into application, but when I am trying to access a manus, jboss 7 gives me session as null. I don’t understand why.

My application is used Strust 1.3 with EJB 3.

• 3. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
              jaikiran

shailendra soni wrote:

Issues is I have stored my User object to HtttpSession after successfully login into application, but when I am trying to access a manus, jboss 7 gives me session as null. I don’t understand why.

Is it based on cookies? If so, see if you are running into this issue http://community.jboss.org/message/612763#612763

• 4. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                jaikiran

shailendra soni wrote:

Thanks your prompt reply, but do you think JBoss 7 Final should be having all these features which are available in JBoss 5 & 6.

JBoss AS5 did not have Java EE6 support. AS6 has support for Java EE6. AS7 currently has support for Java EE6 webprofile technologies.

shailendra soni wrote:

We are planning to migrate server but I think we should stop it and waiting for your new version.

What technologies do you use in the application?

• 5. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                  jaikiran

My application is used Strust 1.3 with EJB 3.

I just noticed that part in your post. So AS 7.0 Final has support for EJB3.1 lite features (section 21.1 in EJB3.1 spec has the list of supported EJB features in EJB lite).

• 6. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                    shailendra.soni

Thanks for  reply, I have just noticed about EJB 3 lite features in JBoss 7. I should be wait for your newer version with all implementation.

• 7. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                      shailendra.soni

My application is used Strust 1.3 with EJB 3.0 with MDB and Stateless SB.

• 8. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                        rajivtmathew

Hi Jaikiran,

I'm attempting to integrate my application with JBoss 7.1.0.Final. My application uses @Pool annotation, which appears to have been changed between JBoss 5.1.0 and JBoss 7.1.0.Final.

Also, PoolDefaults class appears to be missing from jboss-ejb3-ext-api-2.0.0.jar. Could you point me to the replacement class in case this has been changed, or is this a defect in 7.1.0.Final.

Also, has JBoss7 moved to EJB 3.1, up from 3.0 in JBoss 5.1.0.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Rajiv

• 9. Re: Pool Annotation not found in JBoss 7
                          jaikiran

rajivtmathew wrote:

Hi Jaikiran,

I'm attempting to integrate my application with JBoss 7.1.0.Final. My application uses @Pool annotation, which appears to have been changed between JBoss 5.1.0 and JBoss 7.1.0.Final.

See this example on how to use the @org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Pool in AS7 https://community.jboss.org/message/639714#639714

rajivtmathew wrote:

Hi Jaikiran,

Also, PoolDefaults class appears to be missing from jboss-ejb3-ext-api-2.0.0.jar. Could you point me to the replacement class in case this has been changed, or is this a defect in 7.1.0.Final.

That annotation is no longer applicable for AS7 and it doesn't have any replacement. Check the example I mentioned on how to configure the pool.