1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 12:48 PM by tushar_apshankar Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Richfaces Performance 3.3.2
        vfarina

Hi Max,

I also configured the Neko parser along the RichFaces 3.3.3 and, we haven't got any performance improvement.

What I highly suggest you is:

1. Use the maven plugin to get the smaller JS & CSS RichFaces file: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenResourceDependencyPluginReference

We really got better results after using customized JS.

Note:o analyze the performance.

1. We used PageSpeed & YSlow (firefox plugin).

2. For AJAX requests: <a4j:log>

• 16. Re: Richfaces Performance 3.3.2
          ilya_shaikovsky
          The Ajax4JSF POLL component's performance which is refreshed with interval 1000 is very slow.

Usage of a4j:log - could be usefull to check client side processing. But in this concrete poll case I believe that such a long processing caused by not limited decoding/processing area and reRendering of huge parts of the pages. So there you should use phaseTracker to log server side processing.

About problems related to concrete components - yes if you for examples creting table with 100 rows and 10 columns and placing some kind of rich:someInput to every cell - it will not works smoothly as every input initiate client side objects and that could cause too much JS processing on the page.

Every case in general should be explored separatelly.. General suggestions I think is known to you all:

• turn off Tidy Filtering (believe you done)
          • use maven dependency plugin
          • pay attention to your own pages/controllers code. There could be much places for optimizations
          • Explore JSF/Facelets/RichFaces context parameters which available for optimization in production environment
          • Use ajax only if you really need it.. There are too much cases where ajax causes unesessary overheads only because to much ajax'ifications done.
          • to be continued... every case requires carefull investigations where time lost and what is the cause. To difficult to discuss topics if initials just "RichFaces are slow"

• 17. Re: Richfaces Performance 3.3.2
            tushar_apshankar

Hi all,

We have been facing the exact same problem in our JSF/Richfaces 3.3 application.

Finally we fixed it. Added a blog entry here

http://tudip.blogspot.in/2012/03/how-to-really-improve-jsfrichfaces.html

Please have a look. I hope it helps you or somone else struggling with this annoying performance issue.

Good luck!!

1 2 Previous Next