1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 11:55 AM by tpc1095

Classloader issue with AS 5.1 and logback?

tpc1095

I have a .war that includes logback .jar files (and Hibernate, and Spring, etc...) and works just fine in Tomcat.  I am trying to deploy it to "SOA 5.2" server that (I think) uses AS 5.1.  The console shows:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.logmanager.LogContext.getAttachment(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/jboss/logmanager/Logger$AttachmentKey;)Ljava/lang/Object;

We've hit similar errors in the past.  The fix seems to be to not use any of the WEB-INF/lib .jar files that touch any of the features that come with JBoss.  To do this:

• remove all the .jar files that touch any of what is alread part of the JBoss server.
      • back-port the application code to use the old jar files
      • hunt down the old versions of the .jars provided by JBoss because some of these, such as Spring, are not 100% provided by JBoss that didn't need all of them and so did not include them and put them in WEB-INF/lib

I did a search on "logback" and it seems that no one was able to answer any of those queries.  I'm wondering if this is the actual problem.

Can someone else confirm that this is what is going on?  If so, when can we see the "services" stuff (espcially ESBs) running on AS 7, which I believe is the first version that does not use the same hierarchical class loader approach.