5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 10:36 AM by gboro54

@Inject across WAR and JAR

gboro54

I am using Arquillian to test an application packaged as ear with a jar and a war. My first unit test was to test the injection of a bean hosted in the jar but that the war is going to need. However when I do the @Inject in the unit test(running from the web project) The bean is always null. Do I need to add something to the confuration to handle this?

• 1. Re: @Inject across WAR and JAR
          aslak

It shouldn't be required.

Can you copy/paste your deploy method ?

• 2. Re: @Inject across WAR and JAR
            gboro54

Here is my code for the deployment:

{code}

public static JavaArchive getEJBJar() {

JavaArchive imported = DependencyResolvers

.use(MavenDependencyResolver.class)

.goOffline()

.artifact(

"com.example:example-common:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT")

.resolveAs(JavaArchive.class).iterator().next();

JavaArchive ja = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class, "common.jar")

.merge(imported).addAsManifestResource("test-ds.xml");

return ja;

}

@Deployment(order = 2, name = "build_ear")

public static EnterpriseArchive buildTestableArchive() {

WebArchive web = ShrinkWrap

.create(WebArchive.class, "mtd.war")

.addClasses(RuleCompilationTest.class, AbstractBaseTest.class)

.addAsWebInfResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE,

ArchivePaths.create("beans.xml"))

.addAsWebInfResource("web.xml")

return ShrinkWrap

.create(EnterpriseArchive.class, "core-test.ear")

.addAsLibraries(DependencyResolvers.use(MavenDependencyResolver.class)

.includeDependenciesFromPom("pom.xml")

.goOffline().resolveAs(JavaArchive.class))

.addAsModule(web).addAsModule(getEJBJar())

.setApplicationXML("application.xml");

}

{code}

• 3. Re: @Inject across WAR and JAR
              gboro54

Am I doing anything wrong with my deploy methods? I can't even seem to inject BeanManager. Do I need to do something else to setup my beans.xml in this case(I have tried doing a copy of a blank one as well)

• 4. Re: @Inject across WAR and JAR
                gboro54

I have attached my whole test case to be sure I am doing this correctly. Can anyone provide insight?

• 5. Re: @Inject across WAR and JAR
                  gboro54

I figured it out. I am using Arquillian to deploy a driver as well. In this case you need to specify which deployment the test should run against.