9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 7:13 PM by wei0313

jsp not reflect changes

wei0313

JSP not reflect changes after making modifications I am using JBoss7.1.0Final

I have EAR and several .WARs in the EAR. I made modification in JSP in one of the WAR. However, JSP is not getting changed.

I am new to JBoss and I am unsure if there's any flag I need to change or anything else I need to change to have JSP automatically reflect the changes?

Thanks

-A

• 1. Re: jsp not reflect changes
          jaikiran
          • 2. Re: jsp not reflect changes
            wei0313

Hi Jaikiran

I have tried that link but I still don't see the changes getting reflected. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

-A

• 3. Re: jsp not reflect changes
              jaikiran

wei0313 wrote:

I have tried that link but I still don't see the changes getting reflected. Do you have any suggestions?

What does your config look like? Which exact file did you change and how are you starting the application? Are you deploying in exploded format or as an archive? Are you using any IDEs to deploy? What changes are you doing to the JSPs and how are you verifying that it doesn't work?

• 4. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                wei0313

I put the <config...><jsp.... /></config...> under web: tag. I replaced in the standalone-xxx.xml this is our own config xml

when start the application, i supply with the standalone-xxx.xml.

it's a exploded EAR in standalone/deployment.  just copy the exploded EAR to the deployment folder to deploy.

The changes on JSP : original JSP compiled and display fine and I added extra } to make jsp throw errors. however, JSP still showed up fine w/ the original content.

Thanks

-A

• 5. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                  jaikiran

wei0313 wrote:

I put the <config...><jsp.... /></config...> under web: tag.

Please post the exact contents.

wei0313 wrote:

I replaced in the standalone-xxx.xml this is our own config xml

when start the application, i supply with the standalone-xxx.xml.

Did you restart the server after manually changing that file? Please also post the exact command you use to start the server.

• 6. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                    wei0313

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.1" default-virtual-server="default-host">

<configuration>

<jsp-configuration development="true"/>

</configuration>

<connector name="http" protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="http" socket-binding="http"/>

<connector name="default" protocol="AJP/1.3" scheme="http" socket-binding="default" enabled="true"/>

<virtual-server name="default-host" enable-welcome-root="true">

<alias name="localhost"/>

<alias name="example.com"/>

</virtual-server>

</subsystem>

• 7. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                      wei0313

standalone.bat -server-config=standalone-xxx.xml to start the app

• 8. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                        jaikiran

I just tried this against 7.1.0.Final by first including a JSP which prints "Hello World" and then changing the message in the JSP to "GoodBye". The changes were picked up dynamically. I suggest you try this first with a simple application and use the standalone.xml that ships in the distribution. If that works then try it against your custom standalone-xxx.xml. That way we'll know which part is misconfigured.

• 9. Re: jsp not reflect changes
                          wei0313

I have tried with simple ear which has one war and meta-inf ony and it worked fine.

However with more complex ear which has 10 WARs, \lib, persistence.xml in the EAR, I am running into issues as the EAR is trying to undeploy all WARs and deploy again. However, I always get the following errors

13:07:37,919 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (version 3.0)

13:07:38,089 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver (version 10.8)

13:07:38,091 WARN  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010402: Unable to instantiate driver class "org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver": org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.jdbc-driver.xxx_ear is already registered

13:07:38,094 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010404: Deploying non-JDBC-compliant driver class org.postgresql.Driver (version 9.1)

13:07:38,096 WARN  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010402: Unable to instantiate driver class "org.postgresql.Driver": org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.jdbc-driver.xxx_ear is already registered

then jboss (carmel) shuts down. Any suggestions?