3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 11:08 AM by rareddy

Runtime VDB Name

When I deplomy VDB through eclpise it make or determine the runtime VDB and deploys on server.

17:23:21,877 INFO  [RUNTIME] VDB "PREVIEW_9d610f71-740f-4f3e-aa6f-1dc420541db8_HelloTeiid_*" deployed in active state.

How to make or specify static VDB name? I think I need to make this in order to connect through squirrel and test it. Is there any documentation reference to this?

Thanks

Sharad

• 1. Re: Runtime VDB Name
          rareddy

Sharad,

What you see there is Designer's internal copy of the VDB that used for the preview purposes. This VDB is not for the consumption by end users applications. Using Designer you can create a VDB (File->New->Teiid VDB) and give it a name and version and add all the models you created. When you create the VDB, all source models need to be configured with the data source information (jndi name for the source). Once you create the VDB, you can either right click and deploy the VDB from Designer or manually copy the VDB into "deploy" folder of the JBoss AS or use Admin-console to deploy just like a WAR file. If the VDB is successfully deployed and configured you will see a log message indicating the such fact, then you can use SquirreL or any other client to connect to VDB using the name given.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Runtime VDB Name

Thank you Ramesh. I will try and let you know.

One question here

Don't you think so that teiid come out with a feature that I can export my current VDB runtime file (like war file with my own name)? We can copy and deploy the exported VDB file in deploy folder.

In this case I do not have to attach all models that I have created so far.

Thanks

Sharad

• 3. Re: Runtime VDB Name
              rareddy

Yes, you can click on the VDB created and choose File->Export to export to a file.