3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 7:26 AM by theute

Social Media has a JSR

dan.j.allen

JSR 357: Social Media API, led by Werner Keil, has been kicked off. This specification aims to provide an API for accessing social information networks, both public (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Yammer,...) and corporate (e.g. within the Enterprise or Institution)

The primary API will build upon standards and formats specified by OpenSocial 2.0 or other relevant technologies defined by standard organizations and leading social networks.

Fittingly, for the latest news about this JSR, you can follow Java_Social on Twitter.

Of note to JBoss, JBoss Community member Antoine Sabot-Durand is participating as an expert group member.

Seeing that Twitter is now on the JCP EC, I would expect that they will participate in this JSR as well. It would be nice to see Google participate and *cough* actually provide an API to their social network.

• 1. Re: Social Media has a JSR
          antoinesabot-durand

Hi Dan,

To be totally accurate, I'll be co-speclead on the future JSR-357 .

Seam Social and Dalicore are also important projects to feed this specification.

Regarding Twitter, they should participate to the JSR (cross fingers). On the RedHat side Thomas Heute joigned the EG yesterday.

So far,  other EG members are : Markus Eisele, Johan Vos, Badr Elhouari and Rajmahendra Hegde.

• 2. Re: Social Media has a JSR
            dan.j.allen

Antoine Sabot-Durand wrote:

To be totally accurate, I'll be co-speclead on the future JSR-357 .

Fantastic!

Antoine Sabot-Durand wrote:

On the RedHat side Thomas Heute joigned the EG yesterday.

I should mention that Thomas is also the main one monitoring / steering this SIG. I'm certainly interested, but he's really the point of contact from Red Hat around social.

• 3. Re: Social Media has a JSR
              theute

And I really wish I had more time :-/