4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 11:23 AM by jmascreen

Load Balancing Not Working

jmascreen

Hi, I have a two node cluster (JBoss-5.1.1) which is been load balancing with mod_cluster 1.2.0 Final. When i start both the nodes i can see 2 nodes under partition, but when i use SuperSnoopWar all the request goes to the first server only, how do i set the round robin and also let me know for any sample application for testing session replication between both the nodes.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: Load Balancing Not Working
          rhusar

This is because you created a session and that session is sticky. So it will always go to that node.

mod_cluster comes with nice load balancing demo which creates session but reuses them after while. It shows nice graphs as well. Its bundled with distribution.

I have a sample application that when you query a simple servlet, it tells you how many times you called it so that you can know whether the session is as you expected it to be: https://github.com/rhusar/clusterbench

Rado

• 2. Re: Load Balancing Not Working
            belaban

You could also set <mod-cluster-config ... sticky-session="false"/> to spray your requests over the instances

• 3. Re: Load Balancing Not Working
              jmascreen

I tried it and its working partialy. I had opened a browser and hit the url for SuperSnoopWeb and i got the bind address of first node and when i refreshed it went to second node. the problem here is if i open from another browser the request goes to the first server only, instead of second node. Please help me out

• 4. Re: Load Balancing Not Working
                jmascreen

Where to set the weightage for round robin method in mod_cluster/jboss-5.1.1 ?