1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2013 8:51 AM by Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe RSS

JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller

Joseph Fouts Novice

Any help on why I might be getting this error?

Using JBoss-as-7.1.1.Final Snapshot from 3/2/2012

Machine #1 - domain controller

ip=10.100.100.12

Windows 7 64 Bit

Setup the following users:

admin

host1 - PW= password

host2 - PW= password

Not making any changes to the host-master.xml file I start the domain controller:

\bin\domain.bat --host-config=host-master.xml -Djboss.bind.address=10.100.100.12 -Djboss.bind.address.managment=10.100.100.12

*starts with now errors showing up on console

Machine #2 - host controller

ip=10.100.100.4

Fedora 10

Setup the following users:

host1 - PW= password

Made the following changes to the host-slave.xml file.

Added name=

<host name="host1" xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:1.1">

Added server-identities=

<server-identities>
                  <secret value="cGFzc3dvcmQ="/>
      </server-identities>

*secret value is base64 for "password"

Added security-realm to domain controller

<domain-controller>

<remote host="${jboss.domain.master.address}" port="${jboss.domain.master.port:9999}" security-realm="ManagementRealm"/>

</domain-controller>

Using the modified host-slave.xml file start the host1 host controller:

\bin\domain.bat --host-config=host-slave.xml -Djboss.bind.address=10.100.100.4 -Djboss.domain.master.address=10.100.100.12

I keep getting the JBAS010900:Could not connect to remote domain controller.

Below is the log info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

14:02:01,101 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) Entered VERIFY stage; waiting for service container to settle

14:02:01,138 INFO  [org.xnio] (MSC service thread 1-2) XNIO Version 3.0.3.GA

14:02:01,154 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] (MSC service thread 1-2) XNIO NIO Implementation Version 3.0.3.GA

14:02:01,162 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Starting NetworkInterfaceService

14:02:01,166 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBoss Remoting version 3.2.2.GA

14:02:01,165 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Criteria(InetAddressMatchInterfaceCriteria(address=expression "${jboss.bind.address.management:127.0.0.1}",resolved=/127.0.0.1)) failed to accept input

14:02:01,168 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Candidate accepted addresses are: [/127.0.0.1]

14:02:01,170 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) NetworkInterfaceService matched interface binding: org.jboss.as.network.NetworkInterfaceBinding@129e5e9

14:02:01,204 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting Host Controller Server Inventory

14:02:01,213 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-3) Reloading properties file '/home/foutjo/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/domain/configuration/mgmt-users.properties'

14:02:01,215 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-3) Starting 'ManagementRealm' Security Realm Service

14:02:06,361 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) failed to connect to 10.100.100.12:9999: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://10.100.100.12:9999. The connection timed out

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelClient.java:166) [jboss-as-protocol-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connectSync(RemoteDomainConnection.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connect(RemoteDomainConnection.java:100) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnectionService.register(RemoteDomainConnectionService.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.DomainModelControllerService.boot(DomainModelControllerService.java:343) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:155) [jboss-as-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0_14]

• 1. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Darran Lofthouse Master

From the error I would first suspect either the AS process that is being connected to has hung (can quickly test that with the CLI on that machine) - or a firewall issue preventing the connection from completing.

Can you capture a network trace between the two using something like Wireshark so we can see what is actually happening at the time of the connection?

• 2. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

Hi Darran thanks for the help.

Not familiar with the CLI command to test if host domain is hanging but I can bring up the host domain's console from the browser fine. 

Not a network person so I am not familiar with Wireshark.  Is it free?  Easy to setup and run?

Not sure if this helps but I was able to have these two machines play nice (communicate) when I ran them as individual servers that were part of a standalone cluster.

I would really like to get this Host Domain working so that I could demo a cool way to control a cluster of servers on multiple hosts.  It looked easy based on the video

that I viewed from the Red Hat website.  I wish the logging from this error gave some helpful info but it does not.

Please let me know if there is anything else that you think I might try to get this working.

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

Here is some additional logging info that I was able to push out to the console.

Does the additional log info give me a better clue on what might be going wrong?

address.management:127.0.0.1}",resolved=/127.0.0.1) accepted input, provided bind address: /127.0.0.1

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,781 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Candidate accepted addresses are: [/127.0.0.1]

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,782 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Determining unique address from among: [/127.0.0.1]

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,783 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Criteria provided bind address: /127.0.0.1

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,783 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) NetworkInterfaceService matched interface binding: org.jboss.as.net work.NetworkInterfaceBinding@129e5e9

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,804 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Completed open of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e>

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,805 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Allocated tick to 1 of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e> (o pened Connection provider for remote)

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,814 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Adding connection provider registration named 'remote': Remotin g remote connection provider 77eb97 for endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e>

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,816 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting Host Controller Server Inventory

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,825 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-2) Reloading properties file '/home/foutjo/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final /domain/configuration/mgmt-users.properties'

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,827 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-2) Starting 'ManagementRealm' Security Realm Service

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,846 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (Controller Boot Thread) Allocated tick to 2 of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e> (o pened Connection to /10.100.100.12:9999)

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,858 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Controller Boot Thread) Attempting to connect to "/10.100.100.12:9999" with options {org. xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED=>true,org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS=>false,org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOPLAINTEXT=>false,org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALL OWED_MECHANISMS=>[JBOSS-LOCAL-USER],org.xnio.Options.SASL_PROPERTIES=>[org.xnio.Property@4bb25ec],org.xnio.Options.SSL_STARTTLS=>true}

[Host Controller] 06:15:34,989 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) failed to connect to 10.100.100.12:9999: java.net.ConnectExcep tion: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://10.100.100.12:9999. The connection timed out

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelClient.java:166) [jboss-as-protocol-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT. jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connectSync(RemoteDomainConnection.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1 .Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connect(RemoteDomainConnection.java:100) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Fin al-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnectionService.register(RemoteDomainConnectionService.java:170) [jboss-as-host-contr oller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.DomainModelControllerService.boot(DomainModelControllerService.java:343) [jboss-as-host-controller- 7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:155) [jboss-as-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNA PSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0_14]

[Host Controller]

• 4. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Darran Lofthouse Master

On the machine running the master host controller just run; -

./jboss-cli.sh or jboss-cli.bat

Then just enter the command: -

connect

This will connect to the exact same port that the slave host controller is trying to connect to.

• 5. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

It does fail to connect.

Here is the output.

Looks like the controller is not available on localhost:9999

I believe mine is defined as 10.100.100.12:9999

Does this make a difference?

Thanks.

C:\apps\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>jboss-cli.bat --connect

WARNING JBOSS_HOME may be pointing to a different installation - unpredictable r

esults may occur.

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:211)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:190)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.

java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not availabl

e at localhost:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:630)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:604)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:209)

• 6. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Darran Lofthouse Master

Can you try also adding --controller=10.100.100.12:9999 to the cli command to override the address.

One other point is you seem to be getting a warning regarding the JBOSS_HOME variable, I would suggest double checking that the variable is not set to an invalid installation on either machine otherwise there could be a version mis-match between the two.

• 7. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

My JBOSS_HOME variable is set correctly to JBoss-as-7.1.1.Final.

When adding the --controller it seems to connect fine.

C:\apps\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>jboss-cli.bat --connect --controller=10.100.100

.12:9999

WARNING JBOSS_HOME may be pointing to a different installation - unpredictable r

esults may occur.

[domain@10.100.100.12:9999 /]

• 8. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

Running the same CLI command on the host machine logs the following errors:

# ./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=10.100.100.12:9999

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:211)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:190)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not available at 10.100.100.12:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:630)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:604)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:209)

... 8 more

• 9. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

Darrin,

Is there anything else that I can try to see what might be my problem with this one?

You mentioned Wireshark.  Not being a network person do you think that it would be to complex for me to learn?

Thanks.

• 10. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Joseph Fouts Novice

Installed Wireshark and was able to capture the network traffic when the host was trying to connect to the domain controller.

I have no clue on what I might be looking for.

Any network experts that could give me a hand?

Thanks.

• 11. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Ralf Bensmann Newbie

Joseph,

I also came across this issue today. For me, being on a Mac OS X 10.7.4, it was related to the JDK: I used 7u4 for the command line. After changing back to 6u31 everything works.

HTH, Ralf.

• 12. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    jaikiran pai Master

Ralf B wrote:

I also came across this issue today. For me, being on a Mac OS X 10.7.4, it was related to the JDK: I used 7u4 for the command line. After changing back to 6u31 everything works.

So you ran into issues if the CLI used Java 7 runtime and the AS7 server was running with Java 6? Does it work if both AS7 and CLI run with Java 7 runtime? I'm trying to understand why the Java version of CLI would matter here.

• 13. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Ralf Bensmann Newbie

jaikiran pai wrote:

Ralf B wrote:

So you ran into issues if the CLI used Java 7 runtime and the AS7 server was running with Java 6? Does it work if both AS7 and CLI run with Java 7 runtime? I'm trying to understand why the Java version of CLI would matter here.

To explain my issue:

I'm working on Java EE projects using IntellIJ 11.1.2 and JBoss 7.1.1. Things worked, but day-to-day IntellIJ stopped talking to JBoss "Server is not connected".

Maven and its plugins could also not connect to JBoss on port 9999. I did not setup a cluster, but came across this posts Googling around for the same error messages.

And yes, I changed things... set Java 7 as primary JDK in "Java Preferences" (OS X), but IntelliJ itself uses Java 6 even when I make Java 7 the default.

When I used Java 7 for CLI:

* No errors in JBoss' log files

* Port 9999 was bound and accepting connections (verified with netstat and telnet)

* Trying to connect to port 9999, got exception "org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not available at ..." and "Could not connect to remote://...:9999" error.

* No connection through jboss-cli.sh possible

* IntelliJ could start JBoss, but claimed "Server is not connected". IntelliJ spawns a process and so uses Java 7 to start JBoss.

Using Java 6 for CLI:

* No errors in JBoss' log files

* Port 9999 was bound and accepting connections (verified with netstat and telnet)

* Connecting through jboss-cli works

* IntelliJ can talk to JBoss

It seems that using Java 6 for all components, everything works, but using Java 7 seems to break network. A test with IntelliJ 11.1.2 (running Java 6) and GlassFish 3.1.2 works with Java 6 and 7.

Please see IntelliJ http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-82687, see comments, they talk about JBoss startup/scripts and JAVA_OPTS variable.

• 14. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
    Tomaz Cerar Master

Hi,

this looks like jdk7 for mac issue.

looks like http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7159361

in release notes workaround is mentionend, can you try running with:

-Djava.nio.channels.spi.SelectorProvider=sun.nio.ch.KQueueSelectorProvider

--

tomaz

1 2 Previous Next