1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2013 8:51 AM by nadeeshaan

JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller

foutjo

Any help on why I might be getting this error?

Using JBoss-as-7.1.1.Final Snapshot from 3/2/2012

Machine #1 - domain controller

ip=10.100.100.12

Windows 7 64 Bit

Setup the following users:

admin

host1 - PW= password

host2 - PW= password

Not making any changes to the host-master.xml file I start the domain controller:

\bin\domain.bat --host-config=host-master.xml -Djboss.bind.address=10.100.100.12 -Djboss.bind.address.managment=10.100.100.12

*starts with now errors showing up on console

Machine #2 - host controller

ip=10.100.100.4

Fedora 10

Setup the following users:

host1 - PW= password

Made the following changes to the host-slave.xml file.

Added name=

<host name="host1" xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:1.1">

Added server-identities=

<server-identities>
                        <secret value="cGFzc3dvcmQ="/>
            </server-identities>

*secret value is base64 for "password"

Added security-realm to domain controller

<domain-controller>

<remote host="${jboss.domain.master.address}" port="${jboss.domain.master.port:9999}" security-realm="ManagementRealm"/>

</domain-controller>

Using the modified host-slave.xml file start the host1 host controller:

\bin\domain.bat --host-config=host-slave.xml -Djboss.bind.address=10.100.100.4 -Djboss.domain.master.address=10.100.100.12

I keep getting the JBAS010900:Could not connect to remote domain controller.

Below is the log info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

14:02:01,101 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) Entered VERIFY stage; waiting for service container to settle

14:02:01,138 INFO  [org.xnio] (MSC service thread 1-2) XNIO Version 3.0.3.GA

14:02:01,154 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] (MSC service thread 1-2) XNIO NIO Implementation Version 3.0.3.GA

14:02:01,162 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Starting NetworkInterfaceService

14:02:01,166 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBoss Remoting version 3.2.2.GA

14:02:01,165 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Criteria(InetAddressMatchInterfaceCriteria(address=expression "${jboss.bind.address.management:127.0.0.1}",resolved=/127.0.0.1)) failed to accept input

14:02:01,168 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) Candidate accepted addresses are: [/127.0.0.1]

14:02:01,170 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-1) NetworkInterfaceService matched interface binding: org.jboss.as.network.NetworkInterfaceBinding@129e5e9

14:02:01,204 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting Host Controller Server Inventory

14:02:01,213 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-3) Reloading properties file '/home/foutjo/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/domain/configuration/mgmt-users.properties'

14:02:01,215 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-3) Starting 'ManagementRealm' Security Realm Service

14:02:06,361 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) failed to connect to 10.100.100.12:9999: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://10.100.100.12:9999. The connection timed out

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelClient.java:166) [jboss-as-protocol-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connectSync(RemoteDomainConnection.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connect(RemoteDomainConnection.java:100) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnectionService.register(RemoteDomainConnectionService.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.host.controller.DomainModelControllerService.boot(DomainModelControllerService.java:343) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:155) [jboss-as-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0_14]

• 1. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
          dlofthouse

From the error I would first suspect either the AS process that is being connected to has hung (can quickly test that with the CLI on that machine) - or a firewall issue preventing the connection from completing.

Can you capture a network trace between the two using something like Wireshark so we can see what is actually happening at the time of the connection?

• 2. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
            foutjo

Hi Darran thanks for the help.

Not familiar with the CLI command to test if host domain is hanging but I can bring up the host domain's console from the browser fine. 

Not a network person so I am not familiar with Wireshark.  Is it free?  Easy to setup and run?

Not sure if this helps but I was able to have these two machines play nice (communicate) when I ran them as individual servers that were part of a standalone cluster.

I would really like to get this Host Domain working so that I could demo a cool way to control a cluster of servers on multiple hosts.  It looked easy based on the video

that I viewed from the Red Hat website.  I wish the logging from this error gave some helpful info but it does not.

Please let me know if there is anything else that you think I might try to get this working.

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
              foutjo

Here is some additional logging info that I was able to push out to the console.

Does the additional log info give me a better clue on what might be going wrong?

address.management:127.0.0.1}",resolved=/127.0.0.1) accepted input, provided bind address: /127.0.0.1

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,781 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Candidate accepted addresses are: [/127.0.0.1]

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,782 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Determining unique address from among: [/127.0.0.1]

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,783 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) Criteria provided bind address: /127.0.0.1

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,783 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.net] (MSC service thread 1-2) NetworkInterfaceService matched interface binding: org.jboss.as.net work.NetworkInterfaceBinding@129e5e9

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,804 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Completed open of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e>

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,805 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Allocated tick to 1 of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e> (o pened Connection provider for remote)

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,814 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (MSC service thread 1-1) Adding connection provider registration named 'remote': Remotin g remote connection provider 77eb97 for endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e>

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,816 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (MSC service thread 1-4) Starting Host Controller Server Inventory

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,825 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-2) Reloading properties file '/home/foutjo/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final /domain/configuration/mgmt-users.properties'

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,827 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.domain.management] (MSC service thread 1-2) Starting 'ManagementRealm' Security Realm Service

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,846 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.endpoint] (Controller Boot Thread) Allocated tick to 2 of endpoint "host1:MANAGEMENT" <1dafb4e> (o pened Connection to /10.100.100.12:9999)

[Host Controller] 06:15:29,858 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Controller Boot Thread) Attempting to connect to "/10.100.100.12:9999" with options {org. xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED=>true,org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS=>false,org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOPLAINTEXT=>false,org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALL OWED_MECHANISMS=>[JBOSS-LOCAL-USER],org.xnio.Options.SASL_PROPERTIES=>[org.xnio.Property@4bb25ec],org.xnio.Options.SSL_STARTTLS=>true}

[Host Controller] 06:15:34,989 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) failed to connect to 10.100.100.12:9999: java.net.ConnectExcep tion: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://10.100.100.12:9999. The connection timed out

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelClient.java:166) [jboss-as-protocol-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT. jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connectSync(RemoteDomainConnection.java:170) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1 .Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnection.connect(RemoteDomainConnection.java:100) [jboss-as-host-controller-7.1.1.Fin al-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.RemoteDomainConnectionService.register(RemoteDomainConnectionService.java:170) [jboss-as-host-contr oller-7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.host.controller.DomainModelControllerService.boot(DomainModelControllerService.java:343) [jboss-as-host-controller- 7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:155) [jboss-as-controller-7.1.1.Final-SNA PSHOT.jar:7.1.1.Final-SNAPSHOT]

[Host Controller]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0_14]

[Host Controller]

• 4. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                dlofthouse

On the machine running the master host controller just run; -

./jboss-cli.sh or jboss-cli.bat

Then just enter the command: -

connect

This will connect to the exact same port that the slave host controller is trying to connect to.

• 5. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                  foutjo

It does fail to connect.

Here is the output.

Looks like the controller is not available on localhost:9999

I believe mine is defined as 10.100.100.12:9999

Does this make a difference?

Thanks.

C:\apps\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>jboss-cli.bat --connect

WARNING JBOSS_HOME may be pointing to a different installation - unpredictable r

esults may occur.

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:211)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:190)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.

java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not availabl

e at localhost:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:630)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:604)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:209)

• 6. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                    dlofthouse

Can you try also adding --controller=10.100.100.12:9999 to the cli command to override the address.

One other point is you seem to be getting a warning regarding the JBOSS_HOME variable, I would suggest double checking that the variable is not set to an invalid installation on either machine otherwise there could be a version mis-match between the two.

• 7. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                      foutjo

My JBOSS_HOME variable is set correctly to JBoss-as-7.1.1.Final.

When adding the --controller it seems to connect fine.

C:\apps\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>jboss-cli.bat --connect --controller=10.100.100

.12:9999

WARNING JBOSS_HOME may be pointing to a different installation - unpredictable r

esults may occur.

[domain@10.100.100.12:9999 /]

• 8. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                        foutjo

Running the same CLI command on the host machine logs the following errors:

# ./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=10.100.100.12:9999

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:211)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:190)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not available at 10.100.100.12:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:630)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:604)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:209)

... 8 more

• 9. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                          foutjo

Darrin,

Is there anything else that I can try to see what might be my problem with this one?

You mentioned Wireshark.  Not being a network person do you think that it would be to complex for me to learn?

Thanks.

• 10. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                            foutjo

Installed Wireshark and was able to capture the network traffic when the host was trying to connect to the domain controller.

I have no clue on what I might be looking for.

Any network experts that could give me a hand?

Thanks.

• 11. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                              ralfbn

Joseph,

I also came across this issue today. For me, being on a Mac OS X 10.7.4, it was related to the JDK: I used 7u4 for the command line. After changing back to 6u31 everything works.

HTH, Ralf.

• 12. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                                jaikiran

Ralf B wrote:

I also came across this issue today. For me, being on a Mac OS X 10.7.4, it was related to the JDK: I used 7u4 for the command line. After changing back to 6u31 everything works.

So you ran into issues if the CLI used Java 7 runtime and the AS7 server was running with Java 6? Does it work if both AS7 and CLI run with Java 7 runtime? I'm trying to understand why the Java version of CLI would matter here.

• 13. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                                  ralfbn

jaikiran pai wrote:

Ralf B wrote:

So you ran into issues if the CLI used Java 7 runtime and the AS7 server was running with Java 6? Does it work if both AS7 and CLI run with Java 7 runtime? I'm trying to understand why the Java version of CLI would matter here.

To explain my issue:

I'm working on Java EE projects using IntellIJ 11.1.2 and JBoss 7.1.1. Things worked, but day-to-day IntellIJ stopped talking to JBoss "Server is not connected".

Maven and its plugins could also not connect to JBoss on port 9999. I did not setup a cluster, but came across this posts Googling around for the same error messages.

And yes, I changed things... set Java 7 as primary JDK in "Java Preferences" (OS X), but IntelliJ itself uses Java 6 even when I make Java 7 the default.

When I used Java 7 for CLI:

* No errors in JBoss' log files

* Port 9999 was bound and accepting connections (verified with netstat and telnet)

* Trying to connect to port 9999, got exception "org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not available at ..." and "Could not connect to remote://...:9999" error.

* No connection through jboss-cli.sh possible

* IntelliJ could start JBoss, but claimed "Server is not connected". IntelliJ spawns a process and so uses Java 7 to start JBoss.

Using Java 6 for CLI:

* No errors in JBoss' log files

* Port 9999 was bound and accepting connections (verified with netstat and telnet)

* Connecting through jboss-cli works

* IntelliJ can talk to JBoss

It seems that using Java 6 for all components, everything works, but using Java 7 seems to break network. A test with IntelliJ 11.1.2 (running Java 6) and GlassFish 3.1.2 works with Java 6 and 7.

Please see IntelliJ http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-82687, see comments, they talk about JBoss startup/scripts and JAVA_OPTS variable.

• 14. Re: JBAS010900: Could not connect to remote domain controller
                                    ctomc

Hi,

this looks like jdk7 for mac issue.

looks like http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7159361

in release notes workaround is mentionend, can you try running with:

-Djava.nio.channels.spi.SelectorProvider=sun.nio.ch.KQueueSelectorProvider

--

tomaz

1 2 Previous Next