0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 5:58 PM by mhembree

AS 7.1.0.Final cache/pool config for BMP entity beans

mhembree

We are in the process of porting a large, old, and (unfortunately) ugly J2EE from Weblogic 6.1 to Jboss. The app has 1 statful and many stateless session beans and more importantly, a big pile of BMP entity beans. We've got AS 7.1.0.Final installed and running just fine (Windows 7).  Most of the existing code deploys just fine, albeit with a few Java source tweaks (this is JDK 1.4-vintage code).  Porting to 'modern' J2EE/EJB specs is not an option at the moment so we're making do with EJB 2.1.

In Weblogic, we could configure the pool and cache size for the BMP beans on a bean-by-bean basis via weblogic-ejb-jar.xml settings.  I found this discussion about adding similar capability to jboss-ejb3.xml:

http://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2097

I'm running 7.1.0.Final as mentioned in the Fix Version/s, but can't find anything in the documentation or jboss-ejb3-spec-2_0.xsd that show me how to do per-bean pool/cache setup and config.  The method mentioned in the links in the above article produce parsing errors at runtime if I try to go that route.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it is to point me in the direction of something obvious that I should have noticed in the first place.

Thanks in advance!