4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 1:28 PM by lfryc

[RF4.2.0CR1] How to set  property of your skin panelBorderRadius

jadtn

Hi,

I would like to try panelBorderRadius as it is writ in Release blog http://blog.bleathem.ca/2012/02/richfaces-420cr1-release-announcement.html  :

"To enable round-corner support for your skin set the panelBorderRadius property of your skin to the desired border-radius value."

But how/where panelBorderRadius can be changed?There is a sample anywhere?

Thanks

• 1. Re: [RF4.2.0CR1] How to set  property of your skin panelBorderRadius
          healeyb

Create a file called myskin.skin.properties that will end up in META-INF/skins (ear) or WEB-INF/classes (war)

(in my maven project I put it in src/main/resources - in NetBeans I create this under Other Sources):

myskin.skin.properties

baseSkin=blueSky

panelBorderRadius=10px

Then in web.xml you need:

<context-param>

<param-name>org.richfaces.skin</param-name>

<param-value>myskin</param-value>

</context-param>

Note: This only works if you are NOT using resource mapping (i.e. compressed/packed resources). To

do this you need to either copy out pre-built resources from the richfaces jars, or use the

maven-richfaces-resource-plugin at build time, but I've had not success getting a maven build to work with

this.

Regards,

Brendan.

p.s. Note that you can also just use <rich:extendedDataTable style="border-radius: 10px" .../> ! I don't know

how cross browser this is, but it works ok on the latest chrome & firefox browsers. You can also try

-moz-border-radius, -webkit-border-radius & -khtml-border-radius.

• 2. Re: [RF4.2.0CR1] How to set  property of your skin panelBorderRadius
            jadtn

Thanks. 

Its nice!

Do you now if it is a restriction for RF4.2.0CR1 only that don't work with resource mapping?

Thanks again

• 3. Re: [RF4.2.0CR1] How to set  property of your skin panelBorderRadius
              healeyb

I wouldn't want to say it doesn't work, just that if you use a custom skin it's not as straightforward when you use resource mapping.

This is not specific to 4.2.0.CR1, it's just the way it works right now. My attempt to use the maven-richfaces-resource-plugin was

unsuccessful but there are a few articles here that may be of help:

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/IntroductionToRF41Pre-ProcessedResourceDependencies

http://docs.jboss.org/richfaces/latest_4_X/maven-richfaces-resources-plugin/

I think that Lukas is in the process of producing some additional documentation on the subject, which I'm looking forward to

reading.

Regards,

Brendan.

• 4. Re: [RF4.2.0CR1] How to set  property of your skin panelBorderRadius
                lfryc

Hi guys,

you are totally right, Brendan,

using Maven plugin together with Resource mapping is the only option right now.

I will write a blog on how to configure it properly,

but if you are not using Maven, it would be tought right now.

It would be possible to conceive non-Maven solution though,

if you would like to put some efforts into that, we would appreciate your help!