1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 10:58 AM by simplex-software Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
        simplex-software

Hi Brian, it's the Sun JDK and not the OpenJDJ.

• 31. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
          bfitzpat

Let me see about getting the Sun JDK in the mix then in my Fedora 16 virtual box...

• 32. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
            bfitzpat

Even with the Sun JDK in the mix it still works for me:

[root@localfedora sunjava]# javac -version

javac 1.6.0_31

[root@localfedora sunjava]# java -version

java version "1.6.0_31"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

Using this WSDL - http://pastie.org/3428914

I'm able to create a new WS using SOA-P 5.2 just fine.

So I'm out of ideas. Again.

• 33. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
              simplex-software

Hi Brian,

I uploaded several screenshots, as follows:

1. WorkspqceESB.png showing the JBossESB settings for the workspace. This setting looks ok.

2. WorkspaceJBossWS.png showing the JBossWS settings for the workspace. This setting looks ok.

3. ProjectTargetSystem.png showing the target settings for the project. This setting seems ok.

4. Project-JBossWS-Runtime.png showing the JBossWS runtime setting for the project. As you may see, there is an error message in red saying: "Please the specify the target system". This message is not understandable, not only because of the grammar error, but the target system is correctly set as showd by the ProjectTargetSystem.png. This is when I selected the option "Server supplied JBossWS runtime".

5. Now, when I select the other option, I have the image showed by ProjectJBosws2.png displaying another error in red.

I think that my problem has to do with these errors. Could you please post your own settings ? Also, could you please document, step by step, how do you generate the web service, starting with the creation of a new project, etc.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

• 34. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                maxandersen

not seeing your screenshots ?

• 35. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                  maxandersen

never mind - noticed they were attached on the initial post.

• 36. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                    simplex-software

Could you please post the screenshots showing the mentioned setting ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

• 37. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                      bfitzpat

Starting from scratch in a new workspace using JBDS 4.1.2, Sun JDK 1.6.0_31, and SOA-P 5.2 on a Fedora 16 environment...

1) Created a new Server in the Servers view. Using the "JBoss Enterprise Middleware -> JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.x" server type. Pointed it at my local server directory. /home/brianf/jboss-soa-p-5/jboss-as

2) Created a new Dynamic Web Project. Used all the defaults for my target runtime (my SOA-P 5.2 server), Dyamic Web Module version 2.5, default configuration.

3) Added my sample WSDL to my project.

4) With my WSDL selected, File->New, Web Services->Web Service to use the WTP-provided Web Service wizard to do a Top-Down creation

5) I go with all defaults - my server runtime, my web service runtime: JBossWS, service and ear projects - just let them be.

6) Click Next

7) Click Next again

8) It creates the generated code and asks if I want to start my server. I cancel out of the wizard.

I have no custom JBossWS preferences specified in this workspace. No custom libraries in my project build path. No custom JBoss ESB Runtime. I do not have CXF specified as the JBossWS type in my SOA-P 5.2 runtime.

This is a minimal installation at best.

Create a new workspace and see if you can generate a basic web service the same way I did. If not, something else is out of whack as far as your runtime, your classpaths, or something. But you shouldn't have to do all that customization. Go with the server-provided JBossWS runtime.

What kind of project is Test1? And where are you getting to that "JBossWS Runtime" setting you show for ProjectJBossws2.png? How does that differ from Project-JBossWS-Runtime.png?

What forced you to create a custom ESB entry on the WorkspaceEsb.png image?

• 38. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                        simplex-software

Hi Brian,

I created a new workspace and repeated exactly the steps you've documented and got exactly the same exception.

What kind of project is Test1? And where are you getting to that "JBossWS Runtime" setting you show for ProjectJBossws2.png? How does that differ from Project-JBossWS-Runtime.png?

What forced you to create a custom ESB entry on the WorkspaceEsb.png image?

Test1 is a Dynamic Web Project. The JBossWS Runtime setting apears in the project properties (not the global one) as shown in the new screenshot JBossWSProps. I've defined the ESB runtime as I needed it to work with .esb projects.

• 39. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                          simplex-software

How does that (ProjectJbossws2.png) differ from Project-JBossWS-Runtime.png?

Project-JBossWS-Runtime.png shows an error message when the the "JBossWS server supplied Runtime" option is checked while the other one shows another error message when the option "jboss-as" is checked.

• 40. Re: Can't create top-down web service with JBDS 4.1.1
                            simplex-software

I'm updating the case with new results. I managed to have access to a Windows 7 desktop which was not easy as we're only using RedHat. I installed JBoss SOA-P 5.2.0, JBDS 4.1.2. This last one didn't start in the beggining as I have a 64 bits JDK. I needed to download the 32 bits JDK and I repeated the whole test. Ie, I created a new dynamic web project, I targeted it to the JBoss SOA-P 5.2 runtime, I copied inside a WSDL file, and I created a web service and a web service client without any other problem. Every thing worked properly.

So something in the following configuration is wrong as systematically generates the mentioned exception when trying to create a web- service for both top-down and bottom-up approach: RHEL 5.5-x86-64, JDK 1.6.0-26 for 64 bits, JBDS 4.1.2 for RedHat 64 bits, JBoss SOA-P 5.2.0.

As soon as I used the following configuration: Windows 7 64 bits, JDK 1.6.0-31 for 32 bits, JBDS 4.1.2 for Windows, JBoss SOA-P 5.2.0 all the problems have disapeared.

Unfortunatelly, I don't have any more time to spend on this case and to exactly determine what component, in th above configuration, is the cause of the exception. But in my opinion, JBDS for RHEL has problems and is not fully functional, which is a shame as RHEL should be the best supported OS for a RedHat product.

Kind regards,

Nicolas DUMINIL

1 2 3 Previous Next