1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2012 3:49 PM by rhusar

MBeans waiting for other MBeans

anacletos

Hello friends!!

I'm a two machines in cluster with jboss 4.2.2. Yesterday i upgrade my web application and restart the two instances of jboss for deploy new ear

In new version of my web app, i introduced the avalon-framework library and when  i restart the server two (only second instance)

in log file appear this message:

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---

ObjectName: jboss:service=CorbaORB

State: FAILED

Reason: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfiguration.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

I Depend On:

jboss:service=Naming

Depends On Me:

jboss:service=invoker,type=iiop

jboss:service=CorbaNaming

jboss:service=CorbaTransaction

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---

ObjectName: jboss:service=CorbaORB

State: FAILED

Reason: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfiguration.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

I Depend On:

jboss:service=Naming

Depends On Me:

jboss:service=invoker,type=iiop

jboss:service=CorbaNaming

jboss:service=CorbaTransaction

I can't understand the cause of problem....

I thought that server two is in conflict with same service in server one...

Can you help me? Thank you

• 1. Re: MBeans waiting for other MBeans
          rhusar

Hi Valerio,

From what I see the cause of the problem is actually stated in the "Reason" part of the problem description. You have upgraded avalon to a newer version but that version is not compatible with the  internal services of AS you are using. The description is saying that it was trying to invoke a method that does not exist, thus the NoSuchMethodError exception happened.

You will need to downgrade the version to a compatible one. (Typically the point releases A.B.X are compatible but just fix bugs.)

HTH,

Rado