3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 7:12 AM by kowshikns

Infinispan Clustered cache , Two different physical machines

kowshikns

Hi All,

I have two different physical machines M1 (10.0.50.100) and M2 ( 10.0.50.101) both running Jboss AS 7.1.0 CR1b.

My requirements:

Share the cache among these two machine  ( Distributed Synchronous ). What is the configuration that needs to be done?

I am using:

1) infinispan-core-5.1.0.CR1

2)jgroups-3.0.1.Final

3)Jboss 7.1.0CR1b

Best Regards,

Kowshik NS

• 1. Re: Infinispan Clustered cache , Two different physical machines
          manik

Firstly, it makes sense to upgrade to 7.1.0.Final which is out now.  It contains Infinispan 5.1.1.Final too.

Why do you want to use distributed with just 2 nodes?  That doesn't make a lot of sense - replicated is probably more useful for you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Infinispan Clustered cache , Two different physical machines
            nadirx

Here is a snippet of AS7.1 configuration for a distributed synchronous cache:

<distributed-cache name="myDistCache" mode="SYNC" owners="2" />

and here is a replicated synchronous cache

<replicated-cache name="myReplCache" mode="SYNC" />

There is a jboss-as-infinispan_1_1.xsd schema file distributed with JBoss AS7.1 which gives some insight into all the possible attributes.

• 3. Re: Infinispan Clustered cache , Two different physical machines
              kowshikns

Thanks Manik, Tristan.

As per Maniks suggestion , I upgraded to 7.1.0 Final and using replicated cache. Caching  works. Manik , I am using two different physical machines ( running 3 servers /Jboss Instance ) on each machine. The idea was to get extra benefit of Distributed cache so that there will be cache space availabe at any given point of time. Please correct me if I views on distributed cache are wrong