1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 5:18 PM by wolfgangknauf

[AS 7.1] missing JARs for JNDI lookup in client

wolfgangknauf

Hi all,

I tried to build an EJB remote client following this tutorial: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/EJB+invocations+from+a+remote+client+using+JNDI

It seems that the JBoss Tools server runtime for JBoss 7.1 misses quite a bunch of JARs required to start the client. Just for the records: it started with this error when doing a JNDI lookup:

{code}

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:645)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:325)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

{code}

Finally I managed to call my EJB by adding the JARs in the attached screenshot to my build path (sorry for posting a screenshot of the file list, but I you require a copy/paste capable list, I can post it here, too ;-) ).

Is this a known issue or maybe already fixed, or shall I create a JIRA?

Best regards

Wolfgang