1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 11:17 AM by tsurdilovic

Customized WorkItems - API?

kg86

Hi,

I have a problem. I want to use jBPM in many scenarios. Every User-Role need a cutomized set of WorkItems (in the Guvnor Console as possible).

I want to load the specific sets of WorkItems for each project from one repository, where I have saved all my WorkItems (in abstract forms). So I can only load in a scenario the  WorkItems for that the user have the required rights.

But the used BPMN-Console of jBPM load the WorkItems, which are displayed, from a local config file. Is there a feasibility to load the WorkItems from another extern Inputstream?

So that I can use my WorkItems from my own repository? I don't  know how I can do that, because I don't find apis for that.

Or is it possible to use the WorkItem config-file from another computer and not from the local system? I don't find a way for that.

Can someone help? Thanks a lot!

Cu Kai

• 1. Re: Customized WorkItems - API?
          tsurdilovic

Currently jBPM Designer searches all workitem definitions that are available in the same Guvnor package as the process you are editing. This would be a really nice feature to have (ability to point to different location). I'm currently workin on something very similar but please raise a jBPM Jira so your great idea does not get lost in this forum.

Thanks