2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 6:06 PM by g.clitheroe

Thanks and FindJar question / feature

Thanks for Tattletale! I have been retroffiting Ivy files to several projects and repacking some WARs to have all their dependent jars in WEB-INF/lib, this would have been next to impossible without Tattletale. Very nice work.

Once I have a report from Tattletale I frequently use FindJar (http://www.findjar.com/) to locate the jar that provides missing classes.

Is there any other way to do this e.g., other project or webservice?

And, are there any plans to add a report feature like this to Tattletale? e.g.,

com.missing.class - could be provided by 'list of jars' (possibly with maven or ibilio links).

Thanks again, you really made a miserable job possible.

Cheers,
      Geoff

• 1. Re: Thanks and FindJar question / feature
          jesper.pedersen

Is there any other way to do this e.g., other project or webservice?

Not to my knowledge.

And, are there any plans to add a report feature like this to Tattletale? e.g.,

com.missing.class - could be provided by 'list of jars' (possibly with maven or ibilio links).

It is a massive job to create profiles - which Tattletale calls this type of information - for all JARs.

We do plan to include profiles for all major APIs like Java Enterprise Edition, Seam, WebBeans and Spring.

An example is the current SunJDK5 profile located in:
          org.jboss.tattletale.reporting.SunJava5

Of course you are more than welcome to head up the work to start indexing all JARs. First we need a tool that can easy extract the information and generate the needed classes and files for Tattletale.

Thanks again, you really made a miserable job possible.

You are welcome - I'm happy that you found Tattletale useful. Remember to share your experience with others :)

• 2. Re: Thanks and FindJar question / feature

I'd be happy to help - I have a couple of ideas to try. I'll get in touch directly for now.