6 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 10:40 AM by rory8000

td's height attribute not working

rory8000

Hi all,

Help with this.  When I  create new Free layout webcontent with the following html code:

<table border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td height="2">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="15">

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Once I save the content, I realized that for some strange reason the content don't recognize heights under 13px.  I reviewed all the css's but i didn't find where to change this behaivor.

Also I tried with css's class:

<table border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td class="myHeight">

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="15">

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<style>

.myHeight{

height: 2px;

}

</style>

• 1. Re: td's height attribute not working
          trong.tran

It's easy to understand that the height attribute of <td> is not supported in HTML 4.01 Strict / XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD which is being used in GateIn.

The strange thing is that it should work for you with CSS usage ( Actually it worked for me ). Could you double check in your side to see what is happening and let us know then?

• 2. Re: td's height attribute not working
            rory8000

I need to get a td with height = 2px.  When i tried with heights from 13 px, it works

The main problem why I think this issue is happening maybe is because I want to have an empty tag td (<tr><td height="3"></td></tr> or  <tr><td class="myHeight"></td></tr>) , but in the content editor when the site publisher finds empty tags, it adds a nbsp (like this <tr><td height="3">nbsp;</td></tr> or  <tr><td class="myHeight">nbsp;</td></tr>)

• 3. Re: td's height attribute not working
              trong.tran

Rory Sambrano wrote:

I need to get a td with height = 2px.  When i tried with heights from 13 px, it works

The main problem why I think this issue is happening maybe is because I want to have an empty tag td (<tr><td height="3"></td></tr> or  <tr><td class="myHeight"></td></tr>) , but in the content editor when the site publisher finds empty tags, it adds a nbsp (like this <tr><td height="3">nbsp;</td></tr> or  <tr><td class="myHeight">nbsp;</td></tr>)

Yes, that's exactly the problem. The nbsp; is a space in HTML page displaying

• 4. Re: td's height attribute not working
                rory8000

Is there a way to avoid this behavior of putting automatically in a nbsp; on empty tags??

• 5. Re: td's height attribute not working
                  trong.tran

does the editor allow you to edit the content in Plain Text mode ?

• 6. Re: td's height attribute not working
                    rory8000

The new 5.2.1 release resolved it!!