9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2012 2:43 AM by murthy516

Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console

murthy516

Hi

Am using jbpm5.1 and every thing works fine in localhost. I have placed the jbpm installer in linux and i have made the required changes in build.xml (i.e changed localhost to the linux ip address) and also changed the files in jbpm-installer/db folder from localhost to linux ip address. Am able to open the jbpm-console and start a process, but when in view the task am getting an error saying cannot connect to localhost:8080 even though am running the console on 192.168.20.15:8080.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

which are the other files that i have to change the ip address..

Thanks in advance

Murthy

• 1. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
          tsurdilovic

By default console tried to find Guvnor at localhost:8080. Locate your jbpm.console.properties file and change:

guvnor.host=localhost:8080

to the specific IP you are using.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
            melc

Hi,

the properties file is located in jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar of jbpm-gwt-console-server.war. Also make sure to modify the ChangeSet.xml as well also located in jbpm-gwt-core-5.1.0.Final.jar. You will probably have to modify persistence.xml and hibernate.cfg.xml files located inside jars of this war i.e.

- jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar and jbpm-bam-5.1.0.Final.jar as well as in the runtime used by the human task

- jbpm-gwt-console-server.war META-INF

- jbpm-gwt-console-server.war lib/jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.Final.jar META-INF

- jbpm-gwt-console-server.war lib/jbpm-bam-5.1.0.Final.jar META-INF

- jboss datasource i.e. modify testDS1-ds.xml

Although i would certainly advise you to migrate to jbpm5.2, where all settings are centralized along with many other features and fixes

• 3. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
              tsurdilovic

Chris, the changeset xml is generated dynamically after querying Guvnor so no need to touch that file. There is also no need afaik to change persistence configs either as all it seems he is doing is running on a different IP.

• 4. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                melc

Tihomir u're right i got carried away sorry about that thought db was on a separate machine as well.

• 5. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                  murthy516

Hi Chris/Tihomir,

Really Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions.I able to found jbpm.console.properties in jbpm5.2(couldnt able to find in 5.1),and modified to my Ip.Its worked.:-).And one more problem I'm facing since many days in this Tasks context.

The personal tasks are being successfully appeared after starting a process for a certain user(like krisv).When I make ant stop.demo,and again I make ant start.demo,the personal tasks are being gets removed.(As per my knowledge,I think the task ids are getting removed from database).How should I stop it.It means even if I'd done ant stop.demo,and ant start.demo the personal tasks must not get removed for that particular user.It should remain as before.What are the files i need to modify to achieve this?.Please suggest me in this context.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                    melc

Hello,

This happens because of the line

<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create" /> found in persistence.xml and hibernate.cfg.xml files.

Basically what this does is to recreate the tables, thus data gets lost.

The persistence related files are in META-INF of your task service, also in  jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\classes and jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF of your console server.

You can simply comment it out or read more about it... check out the following thread and the links mentioned,

https://community.jboss.org/message/641541#641541

• 7. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                      murthy516

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick response.I found hibernate cfg,persitence related files in jbpm-gwt-console-server war file.I edited them as per your instructions and made ant stop.demo.After that again when I perform ant start.demo,the process Instances which I started before are still appearing as running.Great to see that.ut,I couldn't able to see the personal tasks of that processes which I started before.Should i also change persistence related files in my task service.I'm unable to locate it.

Thanks

Krishna

• 8. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                        melc

Hi,

look inside /jbpm-installer/task-service/resources/META-INF

• 9. Re: Problem while viewing the tasks in jbpm console
                          murthy516

Hi Chris,

As per your suggestions,let me point out the modifications I made:

I commented the line

<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create" /> in persistence related files present in jbpm-gwt-console-server war file.

I also made changes in persistence files of taskservice in META_INF as listed in above reply,But I able to find process instances running which i performed before ant stop.demo.But,couldn't able to see the tasks which i started earlier.Anything wrong I performed in this context.Please give me suggestion to solve this probem.My requirement is to appear personal tasks even after I performed ant start.demo.But,Only Process Instances are appearing,not tasks.

Regards

Murthy