7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 11:32 AM by jdoyle

Creating a Web Service

salvarez

Hello, I´m currently evaluating Metamatrix, and I have a few problems when I try to generate a Web Service.

First, I create a source model, importing a few relational tables from Oracle. Then I create a view model with a process and a transformation that selects several colums from the source tables.

The problem comes when I use the "Generate Web Service" option from the menu. I always obtain this error message refering to the procedure param:
      "Symbol id_biginteger is specified with an unknown group context".

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Creating a Web Service

Without looking through the models and transformations, its' hard to say what could be causing the error.

Have you tested the models in Designer? Create a VDB and execute it from the tool to make sure everything's in working order.

• 2. Re: Creating a Web Service
            salvarez

hello!
            I`ve already tested the model with the execute option of the vdb and it works perfectly.

I´m trying other ways to generate the web service. I´m trying to generate the web service directly from the data source model. This has as result a web service that includes the operations to accede the tables of the source model, but when I want to add a new operation, I need to declare some variables and elements in the xsd input file. However, there is no way I can change the DataTypes from string (default) to another data type.

Any idea about this?

Thank you for your attention!

• 3. Re: Creating a Web Service

Have you tried editing the xsd file directly (i.e., outside of Designer)?

• 4. Re: Creating a Web Service
                salvarez

Yes, I tried, and metamatrix changes the Data Types automatically when I open the project again.

• 5. Re: Creating a Web Service

Hmm... You've pretty much exhausted my amount of experience with the Web Service feature in MetaMatrix.

I seriously suggest contacting your MetaMatrix rep. I've found them in my experience to be very responsive to questions and problems.

Good luck!

• 6. Re: Creating a Web Service
                    jdoyle

What does the transformation code look like.

EXEC proc(column1, column2)
                    or
                    SELECT * FROM proc WHERE input1=column1 AND input2=column2.

If it looks like the first example, try the second syntax.

~jd

• 7. Re: Creating a Web Service
                      jdoyle

I would also second ndrodri's suggestion on contacting Metamatrix support. Since the source isn't open yet you must have a support agreement in place, and they will be able to address your case directly.

~jd