1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 5:15 PM by alrubinger Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
        elponderador

I am using Sun JDK 6 x86_64 Windows Vista (64bit). I upped the memory for the surefire tests like so:

<plugin>
         <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
         <configuration>
         <redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
         <trimStackTrace>false</trimStackTrace>
         <printSummary>true</printSummary>
         <includes>
         <include>**/*UnitTest.java</include>
         </includes>
         <forkMode>always</forkMode>
         <argLine>-Xmx1024m</argLine>
         </configuration>
         </plugin>

And still get the problem. Is there anyway to simply skip the tests?

• 16. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
          elponderador

Well, I was mistaken, it looks like the heap space issue is now in the compiler, so I am upping that is well.

• 17. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
            alrubinger

Please post all errors in a code block? :)

• 18. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
              alrubinger

"ALRubinger" wrote:
              Please post all errors in a code block?

• 19. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
                elponderador

After upping the memory on the compiler and taking out the surefire tests I get this:

[INFO] Trace
                java.lang.NullPointerException
                 at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.ZipOutputStream.writeCentralFileHeader(ZipOutputStream.java:796)
                 at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.ZipOutputStream.finish(ZipOutputStream.java:320)
                 at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.ZipOutputStream.close(ZipOutputStream.java:542)
                 at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.close(AbstractZipArchiver.java:786)
                 at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.createArchive(AbstractArchiver.java:856)
                 at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.archiver.AssemblyProxyArchiver.createArchive(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:496)
                 at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:190)
                 at org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:370)
                 at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:483)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:540)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:371)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:332)
                 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:181)
                 at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)
                 at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
                 at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:356)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                 at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
                 at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
                 at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
                 at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
                [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                [INFO] Total time: 5 minutes 45 seconds
                [INFO] Finished at: Tue Dec 01 09:41:58 MST 2009
                [INFO] Final Memory: 55M/63M
                [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 20. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
                  alrubinger

What command leads to it? How can I reproduce it? What Maven version, and have you tried others?

From the trace looks like the error is during execution of the assembly plugin for the "assembly" module; maybe comment that out of the parent POM?

S,
                  ALR

• 21. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
                    elponderador

I just do as the instructions say: "mvn clean install".

mvn -version shows:

Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-18 13:10:27-0600)
                    Java version: 1.6.0_13
                    Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\jre
                    Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
                    OS name: "windows vista" version: "6.0" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

I will try commenting out the assembly parts.

Thanks again for all your help.

• 22. Re: Maven JBoss AS Embedded Build
                      alrubinger

I was able to duplicate the heap errors while running the EmbeddedAS testsuites in Windows.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EMB-74

Bumping the -Xmx passed along to Surefire solved the issue here, so thanks for reporting that. Try updating and bringing in the patch?

S,
                      ALR

1 2 Previous Next