1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2012 12:42 PM by cacelis Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
        jbalunas.jbalunas.jboss.org

Could you check your startup ouput and search for websession to see if it says where the second one is from?

Do you define or modify a websession component in the components.xml? 

Something must be providing or configuring a second one.

Thanks,
        Jay

• 16. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
          emiakoup

Hello,
          i got the same problem when created seam ear project from eclipse Ganymede, using seam web project the problem was that generator made an entry in MANIFEST.MF of projectName-jar project. I removed it from there, added jboss-seam.jar to classpath. Then it deployed ok.

• 17. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
            mugwump

Had the very same error, without duplicate seam.jar and of course also without anything defined in the components.xml that only roughly resembles a webSession. Narrowed it down to a version-problem between two independent .wars: The one ran seam2.2.2.EAP, the other one ran 2.0.2.GA: The second one only produces this error when it is deployed after the first (saw this when I rebooted the server and the error suddenly gone). Upgrading the second one two 2.2.2.EAP5 gets rid of the error completely.

Two rules of thumb:

• Never ever upgrade seam, once you got it running.

• If you absolutely have to violate the first rule, make sure that you run the same version in all your apps.

Still totally puzzled why this happened - the apps should have been isolated, but appearantly, they are not...

• 18. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
              lvdberg

Hi,

Multiple Wars was a problem because some components clash if there are multiple instances.
              For multiple war, use Seam 2.2, which solved this problem.

Leo

• 19. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
                blabno

I totally disagree with Stefan Frank. I'm running about 4-5 applications on the same JBoss AS instance every app has different version of seam. There are no problems.
                Also I have never had problems with upgrading applications to newer Seam version (within same major version :) ).

• 20. Re: Duplicate websession with Seam 2.1.0.BETA1
                  cacelis

If you are deploying your project as a EAR project, in Add and Remove menu of JBoss AS in your IDE, don´t add jboss-seam.jar to configure resources. This library is already included in EAR file.

I have solved the problem this way.

1 2 Previous Next