1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2012 11:08 AM by lightguard Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
        lightguard

I'm pretty sure we'll have a fix for this in Beta5.

It doesn't show the problem in Arquillian because the threads in Arquillian are treated as EE threads, I found out from Stuart the other day.

• 16. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
          tdtappe

Is this supposed to be fixed already? I most probably seem to have the same issue here with JBoss 7.0.2 and Seam 3.1.0.Final: in a non-EE thread I do get a TransactionRequiredException.

--Heiko

• 17. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
            lightguard

I haven't see this for a while. Please post more info about your project.

• 18. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
              tdtappe

The project is based solely on CDI (no ejb stuff) using seam 3.1.0.Final, packaged in a war and deployed on JBoss 7.0.2.
              It uses JPA 2.0 (Hibernate 3.6.0.Final) and JSF 2.1.
              I am in the process of migrating it from seam 3.0 to seam 3.1 and didn't have any problems with 3.0 concerning this issue.
              BTW, I want to migrate to 3.1 because I might solve a problem with this version!? See my comment here.

The first thing I needed to do was adding org.jboss.seam.transaction.TransactionInterceptor in the beans.xml.
              IIRC it was because I couldn't read from the database. Is this supposed to be necessary with seam 3.1?

But after setting the interceptor I still couldn't write to the database. So I added @Transactional to classes/methods that write to the database.
              After that most of the app seemed to work correctly. But here and there I ran into lazy evaluation exceptions. After adding a few more
              @Transactional to some reading classes/methods this went away also.

One thing left is that every now and then I do get a transaction not available exception. I don't know why. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't.
              It might be a timeout issue? Maybe related to this?

• 19. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                tdtappe

It just happened again - this is the log output concerning the mentioned timeout problem:

WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA12117: TransactionReaper::check timeout for TX 0:ffffc0a80115:-316e5a16:4f27ab44:375 in state  RUN
                WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA12095: Abort of action id 0:ffffc0a80115:-316e5a16:4f27ab44:375 invoked while multiple threads active within it.
                WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA12108: CheckedAction::check - atomic action 0:ffffc0a80115:-316e5a16:4f27ab44:375 aborting with 1 threads active!
                WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta] ARJUNA16029: SynchronizationImple.afterCompletion - failed for org.jboss.as.jpa.transaction.TransactionUtil$SessionSynchronization@f068882 with exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException
                     at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImple.getTransactionImple(TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImple.java:225) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImple.putResource(TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImple.java:103) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at org.jboss.as.jpa.transaction.TransactionUtil.putEntityManagerInTransactionRegistry(TransactionUtil.java:195)
                     at org.jboss.as.jpa.transaction.TransactionUtil.access$200(TransactionUtil.java:46)
                     at org.jboss.as.jpa.transaction.TransactionUtil$SessionSynchronization.afterCompletion(TransactionUtil.java:220)
                     at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.SynchronizationImple.afterCompletion(SynchronizationImple.java:117) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion(TwoPhaseCoordinator.java:403) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion(TwoPhaseCoordinator.java:335) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator.cancel(TwoPhaseCoordinator.java:121) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.AtomicAction.cancel(AtomicAction.java:212) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TransactionReaper.doCancellations(TransactionReaper.java:367) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                     at com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.coordinator.ReaperWorkerThread.run(ReaperWorkerThread.java:79) [jbossjts-4.15.3.Final.jar:]
                WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA12127: TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion - returned failure for SynchronizationImple< 0:ffffc0a80115:-316e5a16:4f27ab44:377, org.jboss.as.jpa.transaction.TransactionUtil$SessionSynchronization@f068882 >
                WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA12121: TransactionReaper::doCancellations worker Thread[Transaction Reaper Worker 0,5,main] successfully canceled TX 0:ffffc0a80115:-316e5a16:4f27ab44:375
                WARN  [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null
                ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] javax.resource.ResourceException: Error checking for a transaction

• 20. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                  lightguard

I know there were some transaction fixes since 7.0.2. Try 7.1.0.CR1b and see if the problem still persists.

• 21. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                    tdtappe

Not that easy :-(
                    There are obviously some changes in 7.1 that make it quite hard to migrate. Especially I have some problem with Hibernate 3.6 and Infinispan (see here).

• 22. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                      lightguard

You're using Hibernate 3.6 instead of 4.x?

• 23. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                        tdtappe

I have to for the time being :-( It's because of the jbpm version (4.3) I use as my integrated workflow approach.

But I managed to switch to 7.1 now. I switched off 2nd level caching and now I am able to deploy and start my app.
                        I will now start testing...
                        One thing I encountered already: I do get an error message

ERROR [org.jboss.as.txn] JBAS010152: APPLICATION ERROR: transaction still active in request with status 0

after selecting some record via primefaces autocomplete component. But the app still works as expected. Any idea what this error message wants to tell me?

• 24. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                          mihaisheng

seam-xxx.3.0.0 upgraded to seam-xxx.3.1.0.Final,and try again.
                          3.1.0.Final is latest version of seam-modules.

• 25. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                            tdtappe

All problems started after upgrading to seam 3.1.0.Final! I never had these problems with 3.0.0

• 26. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                              tdtappe

Hmm... for further testing I need to resolve the following problem first:
                              My exception handler isn't visited any longer. It looks something like this:

@HandlesExceptions
                              public class ExceptionHandler {

public void handleException(
                                        @Handles(during = TraversalMode.BREADTH_FIRST, precedence = Precedence.HIGH) CaughtException<Exception> evt,
                                        Logger log, ExternalContext ec, FacesContext context, SessionExceptionHolder holder, ViewExceptionHolder viewHolder, HttpServletResponse response, HttpServletRequest request) {
                                        // some stuff
                                   }

// more exceptions to be handled
                              }

The same code still worked with JBoss 7.0.2.

• 27. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                                tdtappe

But at least it seems that the additional @Transactional annotations I had to add to several classes/methods aren't necessary any longer with JBoss 7.1.

Unfortunately I cannot easily switch to JBoss 7.1 because of the Hibernate 3.6 / Infinispan / jBPM problem.

• 28. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                                  langerc

I ran into the same problem.I dont use hibernate, but a service layer and access to a nosql database.

The error

ERROR [org.jboss.as.txn] JBAS010152: APPLICATION ERROR: transaction still active in request with status 0

raises at different ocasions without any sideeffects. (Except the errormessage)

The Bean that raises the errormessage at every request is pretty forward

@Named

@RequestScoped

@URLMapping(id="detail", pattern="/detail/#{detailBean.id}",viewId="/detail.xhtml")

public class DetailBean implements Serializable {

@Inject ProductService productService;

String id = null;

@Produces @Named("productdetail")

public Product findDetail() throws ProductNotFoundException {

//find and return product

}

}

There is no transaction involved at all.

even if i add @TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.BEAN) to the bean the messages raises at every request filling up my log.

I Use seam 3.1 prettyfaces and jboss 7.1 final.

• 29. Re: Seam transaction interceptor could not find transaction in jboss 7
                                    lightguard

You may have found a corner case. This happens because a transaction was either not rolledback or committed from a previous request (often an AJAX request). You could create a filter to rollback or commit a transaction.