1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2011 7:42 PM by peteroyle.howardmoon.hitcity.com.au Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
        marx3

Both Catch and Faces doesn't exists yet in repository, I will wait.
        Bom 8 suffers from http://seamframework.org/Community/DeploymentExceptionWELD001408UnsatisfiedDependenciesForTypeServletLog

• 16. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
          marx3

Catch is ok now, only Faces is missing

• 17. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
            shane.bryzak

You can manually specify the faces version for the time being.  As for the ServletLog error, use seam-bom 3.0.0.b09.  I released a new version of the Seam Servlet module a couple of days ago (3.0.0.Beta2) in which I disabled the typesafe logging.  This is the version that's configured in the latest seam-bom.

• 18. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
              marx3

I did exactly this way: bom b09 and Seam Faces from snapshot - it works ok, thank you :)

• 19. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                nraf

I've spent some time trying to get my project to work using Seam 3. At this point, I'm still working on getting rid of compile-time errors fro my code (which is taking a while but it seems promising).

I suppose I'll post some questions here as I come across issues.

In our code we're using CacheProvider. From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any such class in the Seam 3. Any ideas on what I need to replace CacheProvider?

• 20. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                  nraf

Another issue I've had is the @Asynchronous keyword. It's been used at a number of places but doesn't seem to exist in Seam 3. What should I use instead?

• 21. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                    lightguard

There isn't one currently for Asynchronous. The closest one is going to the JMS module I believe.

• 22. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                      lightguard

Nadim Rafehi wrote on Feb 14, 2011 00:22:

I've spent some time trying to get my project to work using Seam 3. At this point, I'm still working on getting rid of compile-time errors fro my code (which is taking a while but it seems promising).

I suppose I'll post some questions here as I come across issues.

In our code we're using CacheProvider. From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any such class in the Seam 3. Any ideas on what I need to replace CacheProvider?

To my knowledge, there isn't one yet. Closest guess is something in Persistence though, or having to drop down to the specific API of the cache.

• 23. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                        kapitanpetko

Nadim Rafehi wrote on Feb 14, 2011 16:35:

Another issue I've had is the @Asynchronous keyword. It's been used at a number of places but doesn't seem to exist in Seam 3. What should I use instead?

JEE 6 has native Asynchronous support. You can use it for most thing you did with Seam 2 (including cron jobs). If want to use Quartz and more advanced features, you'll have to wait until someone writes the Seam 3 Async (or is it now called Cron?) module.

• 24. Re: Migrating to Seam 3
                          peteroyle.howardmoon.hitcity.com.au

Hi,

Seam Cron 3.0.0.Alpha1 has just been released which has support for @Asynchronous methods. It's in the JBoss Public Repository for easy integration into your Maven project. Please see the Seam Cron Module Page for more details.

You can currently choose between Quartz or plain Threads as the underlying provider. There are plans to support WorkManager and other providers as well. If there is a certain provider for asynchronous or scheduled method invocation that we haven't considered please create a JIRA or catch me on irc (#seam on irc.freenode.net) to discuss it.

Cheers,

Pete.

1 2 Previous Next