0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 4:59 PM by mtr3691

Unable to instantiate class load helper class: org.quartz.simpl.CascadingClassLoadHelper cannot be cast to org.quartz.spi.ClassLoadHelper

I am running JBOSS 5.1.0 GA, which has Quartz embedded. I have an EAR file which is deployed and contains OSGi bundles within it. One of the bundles is a Quartz Open Symphony bundle which is used be web services for scheduling. All objects deploy successfully, but an error is thrown when the scheduler is instantiated...

public String start(SCHEDULE_DATA sd)  
       {
        SD2XML sd2xml = new SD2XML();
        String jobDescription = null;
        if ( sd.JOB_NAME == null || sd.JOB_NAME.length() == 0) {
         sd.JOB_NAME = UUID.randomUUID().toString();
        }
        initialize(sd);
              logger.info("Starting scheduled job: "+sd.JOB_NAME + ", jobClass: "+sd.JOB_CLASS+", cron expression: "+sd.CRON_EXPRESSION);
        if (validateInputs() && bindJobClass()) {
         try {
          sched = new StdSchedulerFactory().getScheduler();
         } catch (SchedulerException e) {
          logger.error(e.getLocalizedMessage());
          sd.STATUS = "FAILED";
          return sd2xml.sd2XML(sd) ;

The error occurs on the sched = new StdSchedulerFactory().getScheduler() line.......

If I remove the embedded Quartz from JBOSS the code works fine. I need to coerce JBOSS into resolving the conflict during runtime, so the OSGi code will work within the JBOSS container.

I have tried classloader isolation, EAR isolation, have played with load order or precedence during bootstrap to resolve classes to avoid the error...no success thus far.

Ideas?

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

mtr