3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 9:51 PM by gardellajp

BPM beginner - Learning JBPM 5

ramkijbpm

I am a java guy new to BPM. I am trying to learn JBPM 5. THe tutorial seems to be little starting from the middle, more for an experienced JBPM 5 developer. What is the best way to learn. I installed the process editor plugin in eclipse indigo. THe process editor does even seem to have a Service task. It has a folder service tasks with a Log Task and an Email task.

Let us say I want to create a service task that will call one of my application services. How am I gonna be able to put this in process diagram. Can some one advise and give hints.

• 1. Re: BPM beginner - Learning JBPM 5
          gardellajp

Hi,

Well at fisrt you need learn BPMN 2. For learn jBPM 5 read all User guide, do some tutorials. The designer not support all BPMN2 components, but jBPM 5 support more components that is showed in the designer see this thread to more information.

For a well jBPM 5 reference guide we are waiting Salaboy book, hope he finish soon.

Juan

• 2. Re: BPM beginner - Learning JBPM 5
            ramkijbpm

I have learn BPMN 2.0. Just that the JBPM tutorial lacks examples and it feels very not for a begineer. Activiti on the other hand looks good in tutorials.  I am trying to learn JBPM because my organziation has chosen it. When could we expect the book from Salaboy? Would it be a matter of few days or months? is there an online early version available?

• 3. Re: BPM beginner - Learning JBPM 5
              gardellajp

ramkijbpm escribió:

When could we expect the book from Salaboy? Would it be a matter of few days or months? is there an online early version available?

Check his blog