3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2012 1:54 AM by aminmc

Conditional Events in jBPM

aminmc

Hi

I want to be able to provide a condition for my signal events and at the moment it looks like i have to modify the XML in order to add any conditions.  The issue is that if you modify the xml the signal node changes in appearence and then you need to have an incoming connection to the node.  Has anyone had this issue?  Is there another way to support conditions for signal events?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Conditional Events in jBPM
          gardellajp

Hi,

As I know, signal events don't have logical condition assigned to it. If you want throw a signal event in some conditions, use other artifacts before the incoming connections.

Juan

• 2. Re: Conditional Events in jBPM
            salaboy21

You can use a rule for that.. and let the rule signal de event when it's needed. leverate the power of the rule engine

• 3. Re: Conditional Events in jBPM
              aminmc

Thanks for your replies.  Although I can see the 2 options I remember Kris mentioning that you can define conditions for incoming events (at the time there was no editor support and the only way to do it was editing the XML).  I tried editing the XML however the signal node changes in appearence and then it requires an incoming connection.