2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 11:23 AM by h-igel-cs

AS 7.1CR1b jboss-webservices.xml

h-igel-cs

Hello.

I want to update my old AS 6.1 Project to AS 7.1 Full Profile and read different migration how-to docs. One Problem I have is to customize the context root of the SLSB EJBs. In the previous versions I used the jboss.xml, which now is deprecated and not working any more. The partially alternative is the jboss-webservices.xml. In jboss.xml this context-root change was achieved with

<webservices>

<context-root>/TestProjectEE</context-root>

</webservices>

In jboss-webservices.xml it should be done with the same elements:

My file looks like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<webservices>

</webservices>

Then I got:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected element: webservices

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.metadata.webservices.JBossWebservicesFactory.parse(JBossWebservicesFactory.java:168)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.metadata.webservices.JBossWebservicesFactory.load(JBossWebservicesFactory.java:117)

... 8 more

I changed the namespace suffix:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jboss:webservices>

</jboss:webservices>

And then:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected element: context-root

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.metadata.webservices.JBossWebservicesFactory.parse(JBossWebservicesFactory.java:168)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.metadata.webservices.JBossWebservicesFactory.load(JBossWebservicesFactory.java:117)

... 8 more

Is it a namespace-issue?

I have seen, that there is a @WebContext Annotation from a jboss-module available, which I didn't tested. But the optimal solution for me would be to change the context-root in a descriptor file.

Furthermore the FAQ must be changed, because it references to the obsolete jboss.xml

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-FAQ#How_do_I_know_what_endpoint_address_is_being_used

Of course someone of you knows what the solution for this problem is.

Thank you very much