1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 10:39 AM by rareddy Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Teiid for Excel Data Source
        rareddy

Ripan,

For client I used SquirreL. The query is "select * from Location". The VDB project is already attached.

Ramesh..

• 16. Re: Teiid for Excel Data Source
          rareddy

Ripan,

For client I used SquirreL. The query is "select * from Location". The VDB project is already attached.

Ramesh..

• 17. Re: Teiid for Excel Data Source
            ripank_tcs

Hi Ramesh,

Created a TeiidModelProject using your ExcelTest project source. And deployed excel-ds.xml. But could not able to run /test the client from Teiid Designer.

It would be helpful if you kindly let me know how to run /test your project. And kindly send me -vdb.xml and a sample client.

Regards,

Ripan K

• 18. Re: Teiid for Excel Data Source
              rareddy

Ripan,

There are two ways you can write VDBs in Teiid

1. Dynamic VDB (-vdb.xml file) - In this you can integrate data from two sources but can not create views. The functionality is limited.
              2. Designer based VDB. - Full capabilities as to creation of views and lots of other stuff.

In your scenario Dynamic VDB stuff did not work with Excel (we will have fix for this in 8.0), so I took the Designer based approach that works correctly. Designer is a modeling tool like ERWIN. Once you build your models, you create VDB from those models and you deploy that VDB. Check out the Designer documentation, and run through a Quick Start Guide for Designer. When you deploy this VDB (the one I created in the zip) along with the excel-ds.xml file you now have your Virtual database. Now you can access this database using *any* JDBC SQL tool, you can write simple java class or in my case I used Squirrel tool. You can use Designer too, but not necessary. So, I do not have a -vdb.xml file, whatever I had I have already attached as I mentioned before to make it work!

Hope this background helps.

Ramesh..

1 2 Previous Next