2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 10:02 AM by salaboy21

Action script - how to invoke an executable?

olddave

Hi,

This action script will give you the idea of what I need to do

String osname = System.getProperty("os.name");

if(osname.equals("Linux")) {

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("wineconsole --backend=user "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/des.exe -D -u -k \"xcvfrew\" /vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/equity_desc.enc.out /vendor_files/bbg_ps_out/equity_desc.out");

} else if(osname.indexOf("Windows") == 0) {

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd /c C:/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/des.exe -D -u -k \"xcvfrew\" C:/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/equity_desc.enc.out C:/vendor_files/bbg_ps_out/equity_desc.out");

}

The Window specific command works fine. The Linux command never works.

I have substituted the Linux cd with this "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/rundes.sh" and that does not work either. Where rundes.sh has

#!/bin/bash

wineconsole --backend=user /vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/des.exe -D -u -k "xcvfrew"  /vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/equity_desc.enc.out /vendor_files/bbg_ps_out/equity_desc.out

I have tried both mvel and java types for the Action script

I have tried

"/bin/bash -c 'wineconsole --backend=user "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/des.exe -D -u -k \"xcvfrew\" /vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/equity_desc.enc.out /vendor_files/bbg_ps_out/equity_desc.out'"

I tried adding the full path for wineconsole too, no change.

I also tried

String[] cmd = { "wineconsole", "--backend=user", "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/des.exe", "-D", "-u", "-k", "\"xcvfrew\"", "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_enc/equity_desc.enc.out", "/vendor_files/bbg_ps_out/equity_desc.out" };

Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd);

And all combinations of the above. All these commands work perfectly inside a shell window. These techniques have been gleaned from a number of articles on the web about how to use Runtime.exec, but they do not appear to work within Drools

So is it possible? If so how?

Thx.

Ed