1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 1:04 AM by hadik

Programmatically assigning a human task to a user/role in runtime

arunvg

Hi All,

I am trying to enhance the JBPM5 Web Example ( http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/09/21/jbpm5-web-example) for the technical evaluation of  JBPM .With the support of the forum and the previous discussions I was able  the set up the   example  in Jboss 7 ,Oracle 11 g environment .

Further to this I have to demonstrate the capability of programmatically assign tasks to various roles and users . As of now the example shows that the Assignment of tasks to the users

are done in the bpmn file

as below

<potentialOwner>

<resourceAssignmentExpression>

<formalExpression>john</formalExpression>

</resourceAssignmentExpression>

</potentialOwner>

As the configuration of users and roles in a customer application is bound to change  can we programmtically assign a task to a user  or role after checking the (runtime) configurations.It would be very difficult and hindering to propose that the User/Roles can be changed only by changing the process definition that is the BPMN file.

Or in brief

I want to seperate User/Role  assignements from the process definition and want to determine the User/Role in runtime to which the  task is assigned. Is it possible Any hint ?

Thanks for the help