2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 9:27 AM by kenfinni

Public Render Parameter handler class not being executed

mescaja

Hi

I have two portlet A (publishing) and B (Receiving). I have defined in both a Public Render Parameter called prpExample. Both portlets are deployed on to Tomcat 7.0.23 packaged with gatein 3.2.

The h:commandButton on Portlet A is set up to call the actionListener handler class that in turn sets the Public Render Parameter prpExample, see below

public void publishParameter(ActionEvent ae){

if(getResponse() instanceof ActionResponse){

ActionResponse stateResponse = (ActionResponse) getResponse();

stateResponse.setRenderParameter("prpExample", "MyParamValue");

}

}

The receiving portlet B has parameter value: #{user.prpExampleMember} in the view.xhtml

I got all up and running, the public render parameter value gets set to "MyParamValue" and is then passed from Portlet A to B and it´s displayed correctly on the view.xhtml

What I want to set up now is the Public Render Parameter Handler class called myPRPHandler. To do that I have created the handler class myPRPHandler in Portlet B

package com.escaja.portlets;

import javax.el.ELContext;

import javax.faces.context.FacesContext;

import javax.portlet.faces.BridgePublicRenderParameterHandler;

public class MyPRPHandler implements BridgePublicRenderParameterHandler{

public void processUpdates(FacesContext context){

ELContext elContext = context.getELContext();

UserJSFManagedBean userJSFManagedBean = (UserJSFManagedBean)elContext.getELResolver().getValue(elContext, null, "UserJSFManagedBean");

System.out.println("parameter handler");

if(null != userJSFManagedBean){

userJSFManagedBean.setPrpExampleMember("myPrpExampleValueChanged");

} else {}

}

}

An finally I added the following to the Portlet B descriptor (portlet.xml) file

<init-param>
           <name>javax.portlet.faces.bridgePublicRenderParameterHandler</name>
           <value>com.escaja.portlets.myPRPHandler</value>
        </init-param>

I would expect the view.xhtml to show the parameter value "myPrpExampleValueChanged" instead of "myPrpExampleValue", Basically the parameter handler class myPRPHandler seem as though it does not get fired at all. I would also expect the command line to show "parameter handler" due to the code line System.out.println("parameter handler"); but it´s never logged.

Thanks