2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2012 7:46 PM by jemmerling

jBPM5 Demo - Trying to view Demo Human Task Server schema

jemmerling

Hi,

I modified build.xml so that it launches the H2 Web Console.

Having done that, and logging in to the H2 Console using the credentials from the persistence.xml used by the Demo Task Service, I see what appears to be an empty DB. Both before and after running the Human Task Example.

-TABLE_CATALOG is MYDB (but that is implied by the URL used to connect).

-Only system tables are visible.

-A query against any of the application tables that should have been created by Hibernate indicates the table does not exist (e.g. TASK).

I tried changing hibernate.show_sql to true so I can see the SQL output to the console where the server was launched. This SQL seems to suggest that these tables should exist (and when connected as "sa" should not require any prefix to query against them). I will admit I have no prior experience with H2 although substantial experience with a number of other RDBMSs.

I tried changing hibernate.connection.autocommit to true (although this is not something I would ordinarily change) without any different result.

To log into the H2 Console I am using http://localhost:8082/ and http://127.0.0.1:8082/ (in addition to the URL that is created automatically when H2 is started).

Does anybody know why I can see nothing in the H2 Console or can suggest a different (free) approach e.g. an Eclipse plug-in?

Thanks!

--JE

• 1. Re: jBPM5 Demo - Trying to view Demo Human Task Server schema
          a_nat

Hi,

Can you check whether you are using an in-memory version of H2?

If so, I'm not sure whether you  can see the tables from the web console of H2.

Regards,

Aparna

• 2. Re: jBPM5 Demo - Trying to view Demo Human Task Server schema
            jemmerling

Well, the Demo Human Task Server does use the in-memory H2, however it hadn't occurred to me that this would make a difference in using the H2 console.

However, on Friday (after posting) I did have some suspicion, because when working with the GWT Console I was in fact able to see the data in the H2 console.

So I'll have to mark this one answered.

--JE

P.S. I suppose the H2 engine and the H2 console servlet must run in different JVMs. That would explain it.