1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 5:18 AM by newway Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
        jaikiran

Giuseppe Esposito wrote:

About this error

10:33:18,913 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Remoting "MachineName" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

i get the same problem both on WinXP and Win 7 but i've tried it and i don't have problems on linux.

WinXp and Win7 both on 32 bit, Linux (Ubuntu) on 64 bit. i'll try also on a 32 bit version of ubuntu and see if the same..

I'm on Ubuntu 32 bit and I haven't seen this problem yet.

• 16. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
          gringott

Yeah the problem seems to be only on windows machines... would like to know which is the real problem...Tell me if i can do some test to help u find the problem please: some of our machines are windows and we can't change os....

Thanks a lot

• 17. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
            jaikiran

I just saw this reply now. So it does appear that there are other users running into this issue on Windows OS. I'll see if I can get hold of a Windows system for testing this out.

• 18. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
              gringott

Np for delay. Maybe no other ppl are trying jboss on windows machines Anyway thank you very much in advance for your efforts! Looking forward.

All the best

• 19. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                jpf15310

Hi Folks,

I get the same error while running JBoss AS 7 CR1b on Win 7 x64:

Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

We currently monitor our log for central fault managememt - any idea when this issue is going to be fixed?

Cheers, JP

• 20. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                  foutjo

I get the same error while running JBoss AS 7 CR1b on Win 7 x64:

Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

• 21. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                    prasad.deshpande

Yes, this has been fixed in the nightly builds & you should not get this error once 7.1.0.Final version is out.  Meanwhile, if you want to try, please download nightly build.

• 22. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                      foutjo

Thanks Prasad. 

I will grab the current nightly build and give it a try.

• 23. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                        gringott

Thank you Prasad for the work. I'll test the nightly build too.

• 24. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                          jaikiran

Giuseppe Esposito wrote:

I'll test the nightly build too.

JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final has been released. You can just use that since it's fixed in that version.

• 25. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                            newway

hi,

running on 7.1.0.Final on win7 64bit I still see this error, JDK 6 update 30 for 64bit

this is done by a client that connects to a queue and not to an EJB

• 26. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                              jaikiran

Noa Drach wrote:

this is done by a client that connects to a queue and not to an EJB

What does your code look like?

• 27. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                                newway

Hi, I already attached the code in another post JMS Remote Client  not able to connect

but for future reffance i can add it here.

by the way - the other post talks about not being able to connect from another machine, the problem discussed in this post is manifested when running on the same machine as jboss

Properties props = new Properties();
                                props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory");
                                props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "remote://my_machine:4447");
                                props.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "noa");
                                props.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "my_password");

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
                                try {
                                     System.out.println("Trying to get initial context");
                                        Context  context = new InitialContext(props);
                                        System.out.println("Have inital context");
                                        ConnectionFactory connFactory = (ConnectionFactory) context
                                             .lookup("jms/RemoteConnectionFactory");
                                        Queue queue = (Queue) context.lookup("jms/queue/OutgoingMissionsQueue"); 
                                        Connection connection = connFactory.createConnection("noa","my_password"); 
                                        System.out.println("success"); 
                                        connection.close(); 
                                 } catch (Exception e) {
                                        System.out.println("fail");
                                        e.printStackTrace();
                                } 

System.out.println("Elapsed time = " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + " milliseconds");

• 28. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                                  jonfoxx

I second Noa Drach's problem with AS 7.1 Final on Win 7 x64. The applications run fine but the console is filled with the remote connection failed error. My code is similar to above but was written independently (uses Spring's JNDI template). Any resolutions/work-arounds yet? Thanks!

• 29. Re: Remote EJB example doesn't terminate
                                    newway

anyone came up with anything? I am going to open a JIRA and just wanted to know if someone can update here.

Thanks