2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 11:31 AM by tpc1095

SOAPProxy in ESB Service when wsdl is not yet available?

tpc1095

In ESB 4.7, if I start with a working SOAP Proxy and change the port number to an invalid number in the "wsdl" property URL then the ESB fails to deploy.

Surely this can't be right -- I ought to be able to deploy a proxy to server that doesn't happen to be running at the moment and propagate any errors back to the caller, and then connect through when the server comes back up.  

Did I miss something in my setup?  Does this work better in a later version?

• 1. Re: SOAPProxy in ESB Service when wsdl is not yet available?
          h.wolffenbuttel

Hi Tim,

You can reference to a local wsdl to prevent this from happening. There is no other way to bypass this behaviour AFAIK.

Regards,

Hans

• 2. Re: SOAPProxy in ESB Service when wsdl is not yet available?
            tpc1095

Hi Hans,

You are correct.  I pulled up the code for myself.  A network interruption is interpreted as if there is a typo in jboss-esb.xml and the entire  ESB deployment fails without any useful information getting logged.

I managed to get my own implementation of SOAPProxy running that delays initialization until a message is proxied, and treats a not-currently-running server as a temporary message processing error.  I also added some try/catch/throw blocks so I can at least get a clue why something might not be working.

In order to satisfy the GPL, can you or someone else offer some advice on where to post the code?

I did get confused with the part that the "?wsdl" style URL is not supported.  The proxy code is really hoping for an incoming SOAP message.

Tim