1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 4:26 PM by damienlepage Go to original post
      • 15. (a4j:status) and request
        danielk

Ohh sorry, i missed the part with the download. The only thing i have in mind, use a download servlet instead. With such a servlet you can generate a download link, which leads to this servlet, which creates the .pdf or whatever can be downloaded at this site.

But it will be only a workaround, no clue how to solve your problem directly

• 16. Re: (a4j:status) and request
          damienlepage

Faced the same issue with a download.

Then I realized that the download didn't need to be an ajax call at all, so I simply replaced the <a4j:commandButton> with the regular JSF <h:commandButton>. Of course, I lost the "loading" display but I get the loading of the browser instead, which is just fine in my case.

In fact, I don't see any reason why a download should be modal, so the regular HTTP request should cover most cases.

• 17. Re: (a4j:status) and request
            danielk

You can add the "loading" display by manually make the status visible per Javascript.

• 18. Re: (a4j:status) and request
              damienlepage

Correct, the issue is to hide it on download completion. It seems there is no (simple) solution for that.

1 2 Previous Next