2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 9:58 PM by gaohoward

Live Server - Backup Server startup sequence in hornetQ 2.2.5 final

nkarthik82

Hi,

I am trying to setup Live - Backup servers for HornetQ. The setup works fine without any issues.

But, I want to know the startup sequence.

Is it required to always wait for the live server to get started before starting any of the backup servers?

If I start the backup server withouth starting the live server, I see the following exception:

[Thread-0 (group:HornetQ-server-threads14672643-19939395)] 19:05:47,000 WARNING [org.hornetq.core.server.clust

er.impl.ClusterManagerImpl]  Unable to announce backup

HornetQException[errorCode=3 message=Timed out waiting to receive initial broadcast from cluster]

at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ServerLocatorImpl.createSessionFactory(ServerLocatorImpl.java:569)

at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ServerLocatorImpl.connect(ServerLocatorImpl.java:503)

at org.hornetq.core.server.cluster.impl.ClusterManagerImpl$1.run(ClusterManagerImpl.java:860)

at org.hornetq.utils.OrderedExecutorFactory$OrderedExecutor$1.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:100)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Will it create any issue if the backup servers are started before live server?

Thanks in advance

Karthik