2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 12:23 PM by mschwery

Getting context root of jvm's from database

mschwery

I'm trying to get the context root of the jvm's in a plugin I am writing. So far I've got the jvm name and port but not the context root. Can somebody help me in getting this information. Hopefully there is a way to get from the JON database. Please help.

• 1. Re: Getting context root of jvm's from database
          mazz

Can you explain what you mean "context root" as it relates to a Java virtual machine? Not sure what a JVM's context root is?

• 2. Re: Getting context root of jvm's from database
            mschwery

If you put in your browser http://123.123.123.123/cars-diagnostics to bring up the landing page of a ear mamed cars.ear cars-diagnostics is the context root. We are naming our jvm's the same thing as the application name so if the jvm is running the cars.ear we have named the jvm cars.

If you go into the JON console and drill down to the cars ear the context root is localhost/cars-diagnostics, once I get the localhost/cars-diagnostics string I'm going to strip off the localhost part of the string.

I have to have code in a plugin do this for me to complete the project.